DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly app crashed. Anyone had this issue?

72evenant

Reactions
Has anyone else had this issue with the fly app recently?

I was flying my MM yesterday the flight was mostly uneventful until 11 minutes in when it lost connection, the craft was around 50 meters high and 175 meters away from me.

The error message displayed was no rc connection, however I found I could still control it, there was just no connection to the camera and the app had frozen. Even when I got the drone back to me it still would not connect. Even exiting the app and restarting Dji fly it still wouldn't connect. After force stopping the app, plus replacing the drone battery it started working again.

Any advice would be welcome.

Reactions: ReDave
Has anyone else had this issue with the fly app recently?

I was flying my MM yesterday the flight was mostly uneventful until 11 minutes in when it lost connection, the craft was around 50 meters high and 175 meters away from me.

The error message displayed was no rc connection, however I found I could still control it, there was just no connection to the camera and the app had frozen. Even when I got the drone back to me it still would not connect. Even exiting the app and restarting Dji fly it still wouldn't connect. After force stopping the app, plus replacing the drone battery it started working again.

Any advice would be welcome.
I have occasionally had that happen. Log out of your account and restart the app. If it happens again, delete the app, restart the device, download the app again and it should not happen again. The only known reason this would happen is an incompatibility with the firmware on the drone and the app version. By deleting the app, the only information it will reset is the DJI Fly app settings, not a big deal. Your account will still be the same tho.

Reactions: 72evenant
I have occasionally had that happen. Log out of your account and restart the app. If it happens again, delete the app, restart the device, download the app again and it should not happen again. The only known reason this would happen is an incompatibility with the firmware on the drone and the app version. By deleting the app, the only information it will reset is the DJI Fly app settings, not a big deal. Your account will still be the same tho.
Awesome thank you for that I'll try it out next time.

Reactions: SkyPath Studios
This happens to me all the time on Android. When for some reason the memory runs low on my phone, the DJI Fly app freezes completely, sometimes for more than a few minutes at a time. Killing the app and restarting during flight sometimes fixes it but not always. Rebooting the phone also does not always work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app makes little difference. Clearing the cache and deleting other apps helps sometimes. This is very unpredictable. All my firmware is up to date. The DJI Fly app is very buggy on Android.

Last edited:
...The DJI Fly app is very buggy on Android.
That's a bit of a over generalizing statement ...

Android is a operating system ... the performance regarding running apps is heavily dependent on the hardware, which you don't specify.

What have you running at the same time as FLY?
How much free memory do you have?
Which processor do you have?
Which version of Android is you mobile device running?
Do you have caching activated in FLY?
How old is your mobile device?

It's a lot that matters besides the operating system ...

This happens to me all the time on Android. When for some reason the memory runs low on my phone, the DJI Fly app freezes completely, sometimes for more than a few minutes at a time. Killing the app and restarting during flight sometimes fixes it but not always. Rebooting the phone also does not always work. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app makes little difference. Clearing the cache and deleting other apps helps sometimes. This is very unpredictable. All my firmware is up to date. The DJI Fly app is very buggy on Android.
I have an Android never had any issues im using an lgv20 the only time I lost connection is when I left the RC battery run low. Good luck stay safe and have fun flying

Reactions: RMS001
sorry for jumping on the thread but when this happens does the return to home still work ?
When it's only the app that crashes you still have connection between the RC & AC and can maneuver the craft anyway & no failsafe RTH will be triggered ( you can though push the RTH button yourself as you still have connection ...) This is one reason for why you should fly in VLOS.

Reactions: 72evenant
When it's only the app that crashes you still have connection between the RC & AC and can maneuver the craft anyway & no failsafe RTH will be triggered ( you can though push the RTH button yourself as you still have connection ...) This is one reason for why you should fly in VLOS.
also it's important to ensure that the Home GPS location is accurate at takeoff, or it might RTH somewhere else...

I have an Android never had any issues im using an lgv20 the only time I lost connection is when I left the RC battery run low. Good luck stay safe and have fun flying
What happens when the RC battery runs low? Can you still initiate RTH from the RC? or do you have to wait until the drone decides to RTH on its own?

What happens when the RC battery runs low? Can you still initiate RTH from the RC? or do you have to wait until the drone decides to RTH on its own?
If it just run low it will start beeping... but it can still, as long as it have power control the AC. If it goes flat that's the same as a disconnect & the AC will failsafe.

sorry for jumping on the thread but when this happens does the return to home still work ?
My RTH didn't work so I had to fly the drone back manually, it was very fortunate that I could see it just a little difficult to judge orientation at first.

You can fly your drone old school with just the remote control. No camera view or maps, less instrumentation and no smart actions or waypoints.

I hope I don't jinkx myself but I'm running DJI Fly app on my Samsung A21 phone and haven't had any issues. I want to step up to a tablet for screen size issues and have been told to seriously consider moving over to Apple and get the Mini. Since I've had no issues with my Motorola and now Samsung, I was hoping to save money and get the Lenovo M10 or Galaxy Tablet but now I guess Apple is more stable?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian