DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FLY App Create Issue with IPad

micgin81

Reactions
I am trying to use my 5th generation Ipad to edit videos with the DJI FLY app. When I download a video and try to edit the video and the timeline does not match. See the screen shot below The video is at the beginning notice the black area before the timeline begins.

Any ideas?
4BA429F7-9145-4EAD-9A88-52424D66592C.png

Must be a bug, just use a different editor

Reactions: zeusfl
Any suggestions for an editor that works on an iPad. And how to get videos from the mini to the editor.

I use in the ipad iMovie and my favorite is Adobe Premiere Rush CC .

I have LumaFusion on my iPad and just starting to learn it. One good thing is that there are tons of really good YouTube videos out there.

I picked up the latest model iPad Mini5 w/256gb of storage same time I picked up my Air2. Planned to use it with the Air2 controller to have a larger screen instead of using my phone. Running flawlessly but didn't expect the iPad Mini would be an awesome workhorse at editing the Air2 4k videos. I just use the iPad Mini's Photos app to do a little post editing to make the videos more vibrant when needed then edit the videos in iMovie, save to a final 4k video then upload to google drive for sharing with friends and family. I'm amazed how all this can be done on this little iPad Mini, come from a time when you had to build a tower computer that needed several noisy spinning hard drives, a bunch of RAM and video editing hardware just so you can edit 1080p videos in realtime in Premiere. Then when youve finalized the video and its time to save the video file to a shareable format on CD/DVD discs, press Export Video and come back in the morning. Thought I would be using an iMac for all the video editing when I purchased the Air2 but I only use the iMac to AirDrop the Air2 videos to the iPad Mini using a Lexar USB3 microSD card reader. Looking to maybe trying LumaFusion someday but for now iMovie is plenty enough for my needs.

I am trying to use my 5th generation Ipad to edit videos with the DJI FLY app. When I download a video and try to edit the video and the timeline does not match. See the screen shot below The video is at the beginning notice the black area before the timeline begins.

Any ideas?
View attachment 112456

Reactions: zeusfl
I've got the 8th gen ipad which has the same problem you described. It's a pity as I was hoping to use it for editing being a bigger screen than my phone. Has anyone resolved this or are we waiting on DJI to come up with a fix?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada