DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app deleting files

Topcat14

Reactions
Hi all, I’ve made a few videos with the app and it’s worked like a dream, but now whenever I create something and then go back into my Drafts to continue editing it, it says the file is damaged and it only allows me to delete it.

I’ve had to delete all of my projects now. Any ideas what is happening?

Hi all, I’ve made a few videos with the app and it’s worked like a dream, but now whenever I create something and then go back into my Drafts to continue editing it, it says the file is damaged and it only allows me to delete it.

Please provide more details of hardware and video storage.
Where does the “Drafts” folder reside?

@Topcat14 I’m having the same problem. I create a movie with several files and then when I go into drafts to open it, the “file damaged” message pops up on my screen. I’ve also noticed that the app becomes a bit slow and freezes sometimes when editing videos.

Please provide more details of hardware and video storage.
Where does the “Drafts” folder reside?

Hi, this is happening with my Mavic Mini - I’m using the DJI Fly app on my iPhone 11. Plenty of storage left but every time I make a video and then go back into it in the drafts folder on the Create page it says this:IMG_8895.JPG

It never used to happen, I’ve made a number of videos perfectly with it.

Hi, this is happening with my Mavic Mini - I’m using the DJI Fly app on my iPhone 11. Plenty of storage left but every time I make a video and then go back into it in the drafts folder on the Create page it says this:View attachment 96971

It never used to happen, I’ve made a number of videos perfectly with it.
Same request as you quoted. Needed to even speculate. Logs are even better.

So does anyone know why this happens or how to fix or avoid it? I'm having the same exact issues described and it's now pretty frustrating... although I haven't experienced the app freezing (besides when this happens). The only way I know to avoid it is to finish and save your video before exiting the app.

So does anyone know why this happens or how to fix or avoid it? I'm having the same exact issues described and it's now pretty frustrating... although I haven't experienced the app freezing (besides when this happens). The only way I know to avoid it is to finish and save your video before exiting the app.

Hi, i have noticed that it only happens when you import video files into the app directly from the Mavic Mini. If you fully download them to your phone and then open the Fly app you can change the source and then import them into the app from the phone. This will then let you save and exit and will then be there next time you use it. A little bit annoying but it solves the problem.

Hi, i have noticed that it only happens when you import video files into the app directly from the Mavic Mini. If you fully download them to your phone and then open the Fly app you can change the source and then import them into the app from the phone. This will then let you save and exit and will then be there next time you use it. A little bit annoying but it solves the problem.

Yes, annoying, but at least there's another solution- good idea, thanks!

Let us know how it goes pls.
Well, I haven't tried that exact route yet, because it gave me a different (similar) idea that, so far, has worked. If I'm not going to finish a video, I'll still download it like I'm done and so when I go back into the app, it's saved in the folder already and opens up just fine (so far...). I'll keep you informed if it starts giving me issues.

Reactions: Thomas B
No it does not, I have never used files directly from my drone, files are always on my phone, and it happens all the time.