DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App for RC controller released

rod.carter

Reactions
Remote Controller V01.01.0100 (849.96MB)

DJIRC:

• Added support to identify the speed of the SD card. SD cards with a slower speed rating than UHS-I Speed Grade 3 are not supported.

• Fixed issue: Screen flickering appeared when previewing photos and videos in playback.

• Fixed issue: System crashed after extended use in some scenarios.

• Fixed some minor bugs

How do you install it? I am not getting a prompt to install when I power on my DJI RC.

Nevermind, I powered on the M3P and checked for firmware updates. Installing now :)

Reactions: Torque
just done the update install, dont forget to go through the settings in the app ,as some of mine had changed after the update ,this is quite normal,its things like RTH height max flight distance and other similar settings

I have only flown it once and only changed from KM to Imperial. I am hopefully going to put it through its paces tomorrow and will play with all of the settings :)

I did an update this morning and flew my Mini 3 for the first time. Got to 360 m with no signal loss.
  • Max Flight Distance​

• 18000m
  • And you got 360m
  • Is that a good thing or bad?
I found this and I don't understand
Screen said more distance than it should
Is it a software issue?
Looks like he is saying you can't believe what you see on the screen for distance anyway?
What do you think? maybe you saw 360m but you were 3,600m?

Last edited:
  • Max Flight Distance​

• 18000m
  • And you got 360m
  • Is that a good thing or bad?
I got to 360 m with no signal loss. That is about the distance some people in Canada have been having problems. That was where I lost sight of it, so that's when I started to return. I checked on a map and the distance was about right.

I'm not into crazy distance tests. I'm used to flying VLOS and within 500 m, as per Transport Canada regulations, so I doubt I'll change my habits now.

I bought the Mini 3 for use in developed areas, and control zones. For out in the boonies I'll likely stick to my Mavic 2, which has more stability in gusty conditions.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I got to 360 m with no signal loss. That is about the distance some people in Canada have been having problems. That was where I lost sight of it, so that's when I started to return. I checked on a map and the distance was about right.

I'm not into crazy distance tests. I'm used to flying VLOS and within 500 m, as per Transport Canada regulations, so I doubt I'll change my habits now.

I bought the Mini 3 for use in developed areas, and control zones. For out in the boonies I'll likely stick to my Mavic 2, which has more stability in gusty conditions.
I did notice if I ignore the low signal warning it would come and go but I keep video and control for the most part
Anymore If I don't loose signal while keeping VLOS I'm happy just getting my m3 back in one piece Thumbswayup

Take care launching after latest update of controller …. I had to re calibrate sticks after launching when I found I had no control of left and right on right hand stick….
Turn off mini 3 before re calibration…
Anyone else had this issue ?

did you check to see if the lack of left right movement ,was not caused by the setting in bypass mode being turned on during the update

did you check to see if the lack of left right movement ,was not caused by the setting in bypass mode being turned on during the update
That’s a good point, but does the bypass mode disable the stick input when flying normally ? ie, not in follow mode.

@Flite1 ,in bypass there is a setting where you can prevent the right stick (in mode 2) from making the drone go left or right ,using the right stick ,it only allows the drone to go forwards or backwards ,
you can still yaw, and go up or down,with the left stick

Reactions: EyesWideShut

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech