DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app is missing a lot of restricted airspace

If so, then the app needs to stop showing maps that suggests it's helping me discern that.
Simply don't rely on the DJI app. As we have all shared before - Aloft / B4UFly are far better apps (and B4UFLY is web-based as well) to know if you are legal or not. Airmap is not an FAA certified app at the moment and who knows if they ever will be. Use something like B4UFLY on your PC so you can zoom in pretty close to identify where you can fly legally and or under certain restrictions (height / etc.) BEFORE you go flying - then there should be far less issues. As for SMU Stadium - can guarantee it's a restricted zone if a game is going on and a TFR will be plain to see.

I have flown in what may be considered "gray areas" where National Parks boundaries may or may not overlap to areas fully legal and outside their restrictions. It's hard on a phone screen to zoom in and maybe identify exactly where you are in relation to a restricted / no fly zone. Yet, I have been told on several occasions by "Bitching Betty" that I was at the edge of a NP no fly zone in the FlyApp.

I wish this thread didn't exist. Why would we want to imply to DJI that we need more flight restrictions? Some things are better left unsaid.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
I wish this thread didn't exist. Why would we want to imply to DJI that we need more flight restrictions?
We don't and DJI probably does not review this website. Just people observing inconsistencies in flight maps on several apps. The OP is a new person and they find out the "irregularities" that many of us have already found out and so seek some guidance. Now, it's up to them to read and learn that drone flying is pretty dynamic and you simply have to adapt and overcome - much of the time on the fly.

They too also need to learn the "search" function of the site and or "similar threads" at the bottom of every post, but we do live in a time where it's simply easier to post something (that has many similar previous posts) and not look for similar threads. See it every single day on Social Media sites.

B4UFly does not display on a Safari browser so it is useless to me. I live next to a military base and the no-fly border is only a about a mile away. There is also a small municipal airport a couple miles away and I am just outside of their traffic pattern. DJI Fly warns me about both of them and I have to accept responsibility to takeoff. I always check the FAA UAS Data map to be safe.

B4UFly does not display on a Safari browser so it is useless to me….
I’m confused by this. I’ve only used it as an app on iPhone and iPad.

Are you running the desktop web version on mobile? The app might work for you. If on a Mac using Safari you could install Firefox or Chrome.

I’m confused by this. I’ve only used it as an app on iPhone and iPad.

Are you running the desktop web version on mobile? The app might work for you. If on a Mac using Safari you could install Firefox or Chrome.

Or they could bring their website up to current standards. I have the app on my phone.

Yeah, I’ve noticed more web sites dumping mobile compatibility when they have an app. I just tried requesting the b4 desktop version on chrome/iPad. It displayed for a second, then kicked me to the App Store.

Frustrating. But the app works.

B4UFly does not display on a Safari browser so it is useless to me. I live next to a military base and the no-fly border is only a about a mile away. There is also a small municipal airport a couple miles away and I am just outside of their traffic pattern. DJI Fly warns me about both of them and I have to accept responsibility to takeoff. I always check the FAA UAS Data map to be safe.
Many other decent browsers out there to use and there is always the phone app! Like Aloft, which my phone does not seem to like very well or UAVForecast. The "web version" is nice when at home and you have a bigger screen. Maybe Firefox or a suitable browser will work with B4UFLY.

Many other decent browsers out there to use and there is always the phone app! Like Aloft, which my phone does not seem to like very well or UAVForecast. The "web version" is nice when at home and you have a bigger screen. Maybe Firefox or a suitable browser will work with B4UFLY.
Safari works great for everything else on the internet. I'm not loading another browser for one website.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme