DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App Mavic 3 and Mini 2

370Z2017

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have the Mini 2 and now the Mavic 3. Is the DJI Fly App for the Mini 2 the same as for the Mavic 3 or two different APPs? If they both use the same DJI Fly APP how is it updated for the Mavic 3? I tried to get an answer by searching the forum but I seem to be all searched out... Thanks

Same app but each one only offers the features related to the drone. The fly app is for the Air models as well and there too same app but options in settings are related to the features of the drone.

No, you don't need to do anything and both drones will be paired to same DJI Fly. I have exactly the same config Mini2 & Mavic 3. Only few updates in my case of Mavic 3. But please be aware that latest 1.5.1 DJI Fly has issue with Android 12 (in my case S21 Ultra & Pixel6) as no live picture from drone is available and only black screen.

When you open the app and attempt to connect to drone and controller you may be given an option of which drone you are flying. Simply select the current drone you are flying and you should be good to go.

Thank you EVERYONE for your replies. I'm currently using a Note 9 and a Note 20. Hopefully I wont have the black screen issue for either.

Same app but each one only offers the features related to the drone. The fly app is for the Air models as well and there too same app but options in settings are related to the features of the drone.
I activated the Mavic 3 without any issues. The DJI Fly app has been updated and current! Few questions though, I noticed that the MAVIC 3 gimbal movement upon each start up does not "cycle" as much as the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. Is this normal? Also when the drone is powered off the gimbal and camera do not "flop" around like the Mavic 2. Is that normal? I tried to locate videos of the the Mavic 3 start up but don't seem to find any. Thanks again! Mike

The gimbal on the Mavic 3 locks when you power down. As to the rest I have no idea.
Thank you. I don't have any gimbal overload notifications or any notifications that anything is wrong. The wheel that controls up/down movements works as it should. I just need to find out if the Mavic 3 gimbal should cycle its self like the gimbal on the Mavic 2 Pro does when the AC is started up. Anyway thanks again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake