DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly app not on google play, where can I get it from?

fjc

Reactions
I bought the Mavic Mini and looking to download the DJI Fly app, but it doesn't come up on the google playstore. All the other DJI apps are there, but not the DJI Fly .. anyone else come across this problem? How can I get it?
Thanks for your help.
FJC

DJI may not have set it as compatible with your device which means it won't show in that device's store.

You can download the apk direct from DJI and install it that way although you'll usually need to enable unknown applications to be allowed to install it:

Reactions: Drone Master
DJI may not have set it as compatible with your device which means it won't show in that device's store.

You can download the apk direct from DJI and install it that way although you'll usually need to enable unknown applications to be allowed to install it:

Hi, I was under the impression that it was compatible with all Android Phones, I guess not. But how can I install the app if I download it directly to my phone, where do I even install it into which directory on the phone? I downloaded the fly app directly from DJI to my PC I can transfer it to my cell phone but into which directory and how do I open it it install?

Hi, I was under the impression that it was compatible with all Android Phones, I guess not. But how can I install the app if I download it directly to my phone, where do I even install it into which directory on the phone? I downloaded the fly app directly from DJI to my PC I can transfer it to my cell phone but into which directory and how do I open it it install?
0A87457A-9398-4263-B8CE-8D420FFF2492.jpeg

Reactions: Johnmcl7

The APK file is an installer file and it's similar to downloading a software installer on your Windows PC, once it's on your phone you simply run it then it will install it the same way as it would install from the Play Store. The only issue as I mentioned above is that by default phones usually block this type of install by default however this is usually easy to sort.

You can go to the Play store on your PC and search for the DJI Fly app there and you should see a section that details compatibility for your devices, it may give you a reason why it's not available or it may just simply say not compatible. The software should be compatible with most Android devices but there's a few that are not, I suspect in most cases it's because DJI haven't set up the compatibility list properly rather than the app not being compatible at least for newer devices.

Reactions: Drone Master
If it does not show up it means tour drone is not compatible. You can download an APK version but the installation will probably fail. This is what happened to me with my Samung A6. My son had an old Huwei P10 lite and it works with it so I am using it only for Fly. apparently it is not just a question of Android version but also whether your phone works on 32 or 64 bits. I think Fly requires 64.

If it does not show up it means tour drone is not compatible. You can download an APK version but the installation will probably fail. This is what happened to me with my Samung A6. My son had an old Huwei P10 lite and it works with it so I am using it only for Fly. apparently it is not just a question of Android version but also whether your phone works on 32 or 64 bits. I think Fly requires 64.
I think you answered my question also. I have and old Samsung SM-T320. I was able to download dji go 4 and dji go on it and install. but ever time I try to install DJI fly fails.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frodri