DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly app not showing RTH option??

Hanuman

Reactions
I am sure it's something simple that I am missing.

Just trying flying my M3Pro in my backyard and for landing I don't see any option to return to home. I did wait till it said home point has been updated. It was working fine last time I flew it - when I press the "H" button on the left side of the app, it would show two options in the middle - LAND or RETURN TO HOME. Now it just shows LAND!! What's going on?

40666.jpg40666.jpg

If you are only 1m away, I don't think there are any other options but to land. Where exactly would you want it to return to home to since it might already be "there."

Reactions: js47
If you are only 1m away, I don't think there are any other options but to land. Where exactly would you want it to return to home to since it might already be "there."
Yeah, I was looking at some other thread and that's what I figured. I was using a phone which has no cell signal and I was thinking if that has something to do with it. But looks like if you are within 20m of your takeoff point, it doesn't show RTH. Good to know!

Yeah, I was looking at some other thread and that's what I figured. I was using a phone which has no cell signal and I was thinking if that has something to do with it. But looks like if you are within 20m of your takeoff point, it doesn't show RTH. Good to know!
Your phone's cell signal is used for nothing during flight other than possibly downloading maps and satellite imagery.

You might want to read or re-read the drone's manual, the RTH behaviour is quite complicated and has a number of distance thresholds which are boundaries between the various behaviours.

You'll need to fly at least 5 m away from the home point in order to use RTH.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne