DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji fly app on android with both Mini and MA2

Reactions
Hi All
been flying my Mavic Mini since December using a medium android phone with only a few app crashes, last week i purchased a MA2 and when using said phone found the app crashed in flight numerous times, so my question is does fly app need more processing power for MA2 than the mini?

I suspect it would, given the MA2 is transmitting a 1080p/30fps video feed (5.8ghz) at a max transmission rate of 40mbps compared to 720p/30fps at 4mbps.
I'm not sure if the app adapts the quality of the video feed to the performance capability of the phone.

Reactions: chunkymonkey38
The phone has snapdragon 625 which his a descent mid range processor with 4gb ram and plenty of storage, but looking at those figures alone think you might be right. The next test is my flagship phone if weather permits this weekend.

I will suggest delete the app and download again. There are reports from Mavic Mini owners that when they try to connect the Mavic Air 2 they had issues. The solution was reinstall the app again. I am wondering if this have a similar results.
I know DJI mention in one of the Firmware release note from the MA2 that the new firmware fix that issue, but does not hurt give the shot.

Reactions: chunkymonkey38
I will suggest delete the app and download again. There are reports from Mavic Mini owners that when they try to connect the Mavic Air 2 they had issues. The solution was reinstall the app again. I am wondering if this have a similar results.
I know DJI mention in one of the Firmware release note from the MA2 that the new firmware fix that issue, but does not hurt give the shot.
Sorry for the late reply but your suggestion cured it thank you, just had my first flight with my new mini2 so did the uninstall again to be safe and no issues at all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin01