DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly App version and the Smart Controller?

fguthrie

Reactions
Just purchased a Mavic Air 2 and I see the DJI Fly app on my smart controller is version 1.2.2. I know version 1.3.0 of the DJI Fly application is available on the DJI web site. Does anyone know the latest compatible version of the DJI Fly app for the smart controller? Does version 1.3.0 work on the smart controller? I know DJI has this disclaimer "* DJI Fly v1.2.0 is not compatible with DJI Smart Controller. To use DJI Fly on DJI Smart Controller, please download an earlier version of DJI Fly. DJI is working to release a new version of DJI Fly that is compatible with DJI Smart Controller as soon as possible." but that is a bit old and outdated as my smart controller already has version 1.2.2 installed on it.

I appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Reactions: maggior
Just purchased a Mavic Air 2 and I see the DJI Fly app on my smart controller is version 1.2.2. I know version 1.3.0 of the DJI Fly application is available on the DJI web site. Does anyone know the latest compatible version of the DJI Fly app for the smart controller? Does version 1.3.0 work on the smart controller? I know DJI has this disclaimer "* DJI Fly v1.2.0 is not compatible with DJI Smart Controller. To use DJI Fly on DJI Smart Controller, please download an earlier version of DJI Fly. DJI is working to release a new version of DJI Fly that is compatible with DJI Smart Controller as soon as possible." but that is a bit old and outdated as my smart controller already has version 1.2.2 installed on it.

I appreciate your feedback, thank you.
The Smart controller is updated by it's own firmware updates. You should not use normal controller/device Rev. numbers in comparison as they may not relate in any sequence. Insure your Smart controller is updated in Asst. 2 for Mavic to latest Rev of Firmware to update the Fly App, but note this may not be the latest coinciding number to outside devices. IT will be the latest that DJI says it compatible with the SC. While some report no issues side loading the Android Fly App...many report all manner of issues. Best to stick with what DJI has included in the SC firmware and update that way. Believe latest is v01.00.0880

Last edited:
Reactions: fguthrie
Just got a prompt on my SC that 1.3.1 was ready for install. Clicked... sorted.

Show off! What version is your SC? Mine is V01.00.0880. Where were you in the SC when you saw the prompt? Thanks.
I just connected my SC to my DJI Assistant. It showed my current version 0880 is the latest.

Hopefully we all can get it the update soon....

I'm on V01.00.0880. I got the prompt when I entered the Fly app
Check again, it popped up on my SC this morning. Check out this thread:

Also of interest is the Rc that the Air line and the mini 2 are now upgraded to be interchangeable within the fly app. Firmware on MA2 and Mini 2 needs updating

Reactions: fmeisterchicago
Check again, it popped up on my SC this morning. Check out this thread:

Also of interest is the Rc that the Air line and the mini 2 are now upgraded to be interchangeable within the fly app. Firmware on MA2 and Mini 2 needs updating
You’re responding to an old post. I did the update you’re referring to yesterday via OTA, went perfectly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS