DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly - Can't play this video

AliasGprime

Reactions
Hello everyone. I recently bought a Mavic mini, upgrading from my phantom 3 standard. Thanks to the mini lowly affected by laws.

I currently have a problem with the DJI Fly app. I once saw on youtube to edit video directly, on my phone, withing the app, by importing my video directly to my phone without a computer. Normally I just edit them myself on my computer, but, I wanted to try this function in the app. But, every time I import my video, to my phone, DJI Fly alway give me the message "Can't play the video" in the gallerie. I can't edit them in any way. I can edit the cached file though but they are lower quality oviously. I've search on the internet and I don't seem to find anybody with the same problem as me. Any of you have any problem like that? I did stop the recording before shuting down the drone to not corrupt my files. It was 2 video from a single flight, I did have to stop the first video to start the second one. My video are working great on my PC. Seem like my imported video, on my phone, can't be readed by VLC player either or, if it manage to, it really struggle with it.

Any of you have any similar problem? Would appreciate some advices if possible. Thanks in advance, Have a nice day!

Reactions: Capt KO
hm didn't really thought about that to be honest, that, indeed, may be my problem.
I'm using a tablet. A Samsung Galaxy Tab A8. Official firmware and no modifications (root,...) or whatsoever.
Sometime DJI Fly get some glitchy on the tablet. Like the application just crash by itself and restart mid-flight. That doesn't inpact my first problem, since my probleme is with every videos, not only the one the app crash mid way.

Your tablet only has 2GB of installed RAM. I bet you had to download and manually install the app, since Play seems to want to see at least 4GB before it presents the app for install which I assume DJI expects as the minimum requirement (besides the 64 bit issue).

I don't think being at only 2GB should cause the "incompatible video" issue, but it's a possibility. It certainly can explain the glitchyness. Be sure you have the bare minimum of apps running, disabling all that you don't need that will allow to be disabled. Many built in apps that come with an Android can't be disabled.

You are probably entierly right. I did have to install the app manually. I still don't really understand why this kind of app would need more than a full free 1gb of ram though. My tablet is mostly clean. It have arround 1gb of free ram. Will try to squeeze more out of it and try to minimize my app crashes. Thanks for your enlightning, haven't thought of that.

Hi, I think your phone won't support the file format of dji fly app, As you write the video's working fine on your computer but not your phone. I would suggest you can try to repair your video with the supported file formats or use any video repair software which work on mavic drone there are number of video repair software in the market such as Stellar Repair for Video, Grau video, Minitool, etc.

Hello everyone. I recently bought a Mavic mini, upgrading from my phantom 3 standard. Thanks to the mini lowly affected by laws.

I currently have a problem with the DJI Fly app. I once saw on youtube to edit video directly, on my phone, withing the app, by importing my video directly to my phone without a computer. Normally I just edit them myself on my computer, but, I wanted to try this function in the app. But, every time I import my video, to my phone, DJI Fly alway give me the message "Can't play the video" in the gallerie. I can't edit them in any way. I can edit the cached file though but they are lower quality oviously. I've search on the internet and I don't seem to find anybody with the same problem as me. Any of you have any problem like that? I did stop the recording before shuting down the drone to not corrupt my files. It was 2 video from a single flight, I did have to stop the first video to start the second one. My video are working great on my PC. Seem like my imported video, on my phone, can't be readed by VLC player either or, if it manage to, it really struggle with it.

Any of you have any similar problem? Would appreciate some advices if possible. Thanks in advance, Have a nice day!
Ya I actually have the same problem as you but its just a bit different, I have a dji Mavic air 2 and whenever I download a video from dji fly (for smoother feedback of course) once its finishes downloading it say "cant play this video". I'm really annoyed because I was just in Florida and all my beautiful videos from Florida went down the drain (because I downloaded them of course)

Hey, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't a defect only with MY DJI Mavic air 2. But thanks for getting back to me! hopefully DJI will somehow fix it...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143