DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Hidden Functions

PaulUK

Reactions
I'm new to DJI and am still finding my way around the app; from reading previous threads I see there are several hidden functions not mentioned in the instructions. I've come across the Exposure Lock which I've assigned to the button, though not sure whether this applies to stills or video or both?
I've also read about assigning the zoom function to the gimbal thumb wheel.
Whilst trying to master the various tracking functions, when trying to drag a box around a subject I sometimes instead get a white dot with a small circle around it that offsets the gimbal, very annoying as I then have to go into the menu to re-centre gimbal.
Are there any other things I should be aware of?

Yes I am looking for some explanation of what dji fly 1.5.10 offers Mavic air 2, say over dji fly 1.2.4 (last version before FPV AC support 1.3.0) following....

Whilst trying to master the various tracking functions, when trying to drag a box around a subject I sometimes instead get a white dot with a small circle around it that offsets the gimbal
Lightly swipe around the subject you are trying to track and hard press to activate the movement of the gimbal up/down/side to side. You’re pressing too hard if activating the gimbal. The 5D button is customizable to fit your likes and needs. There’s a bunch of nice features in the Go4 application. I prefer it over the Fly application myself.

Lightly swipe around the subject you are trying to track and hard press to activate the movement of the gimbal up/down/side to side. You’re pressing too hard if activating the gimbal. The 5D button is customizable to fit your likes and needs. There’s a bunch of nice features in the Go4 application. I prefer it over the Fly application myself.
Can you use Go4 with the MA2?

No you cannot use Go4 with MA2. I meant DJI Fly in the above post, but the same functions apply to GO4 when using that application as well.

Reactions: basyok
No you cannot use Go4 with MA2. I meant DJI Fly in the above post, but the same functions apply to GO4 when using that application as well.
Ah, ok, the way I read that, I thought you were implying that we had a choice in app. I too miss GO4 from my Spark days.

BTW, just to clarify, so nobody goes and breaks their touch-screens trying to press hard and soft, it's actually a long-press vs a short-press. I don't know about iPhones, but the Android phones I'm familiar with don't detect the pressure of a touch.

Reactions: Marcass Carcass
I couldn’t say anything in regards to Android tablets or phones. I only use an iPhone or iPad. Yeah. Long or short presses on the screen activates the options and I believe iPhone/iPad detect pressure with 3D touch on their screen.

I'm new to DJI and am still finding my way around the app; from reading previous threads I see there are several hidden functions not mentioned in the instructions. I've come across the Exposure Lock which I've assigned to the button, though not sure whether this applies to stills or video or both?
I've also read about assigning the zoom function to the gimbal thumb wheel.
Whilst trying to master the various tracking functions, when trying to drag a box around a subject I sometimes instead get a white dot with a small circle around it that offsets the gimbal, very annoying as I then have to go into the menu to re-centre gimbal.
Are there any other things I should be aware of?
Zoom function? I though that Air 2 doesn't have zoom....

Zoom function? I though that Air 2 doesn't have zoom....
It does but only in video mode using 1080 or 2.7K.

Hold the function button and turn the gimbal wheel. You can also use the touch screen but it a hassle when you are in flight.

Another hidden function is moving the camera left and right using the touch screen (also up and down. Tap the screen and a legend will appear, drag you finger in the direction you want to the camera to move an rock n roll....

Last edited:
Reactions: T_Ada
It does but only in video mode using 1080 or 2.7K.
In new firmwares it does have zoom in 4K up to 2x. There are two 4K modes, 4K WIDE and 4K ZOOM.

Reactions: March411
In new firmwares it does have zoom in 4K up to 2x. There are two 4K modes, 4K WIDE and 4K ZOOM.
Thanks Yaros I'll have to try it again. Once I went into 4K my zoom no longer worked but it was most likely user error.

Reactions: Yaros
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22