DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Lost Camera View with Mini 2

55Kevy

Reactions
Greetings. New pilot here, just learning to fly my Mini 2 along with videography techniques. I took the aircraft up to 300 ft today just to yaw around. I then brought it down to around 50 ft to take some panos. After the panos the camera view on my phone was frozen - I wasn't receiving the camera view. I flew it back to home and landed. I didn't realize that I was recording, but when I reviewed what was on the SD card there was video of everything after the freeze. I tried turning the controller off and then back on with no effect. I could not recover the camera view.

I have since turned both off and then back on and the camera view came back without any problem. Has anyone else observed this issue? It was weird flying blind.. glad the bird was within eye sight.

Kevin

Does your phone have the horsepower to handle the FLY app? Did it get hot and hang up? Were you still getting telemetry? Is it a recent iPhone?

Good luck, hope you solve it soon.

My phone is a Pixel 3XL and is on the compatible list. I've had no problems previously and no, it doesn't get hot. Yes I was getting telemetry. Perhaps I should mention that while at 300' I got the message that the aircraft lost connection to the RC. That lasted long enough to trigger RTH which I then cancelled when connection reestablished.

I tried turning the controller off and then back on with no effect. I could not recover the camera view.
I had video freeze once, and found that RC off/on didn't help... exiting/restarting the app fixed it.
Yes I was getting telemetry.
Two data streams between the AC and RC:
  • Telemetry (down) and Control (up)
  • Video
If you had telemetry, and the video didn't come back after you flew back in range but you had control, that points to the phone freezing up.

Coincidentally, I need a new flight phone, decided on the Pixel 3XL and just started shopping for one last night.

phone freezing up.
BTW, when I said that ^, I didn't mean it was necessarily the fault of the phone itself unless it overheated, and you said it didn't get hot... could be a glitch in the app, possibly another app still running in the background creating a conflict, too many apps still active in the background, or a setting or?...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada