DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Fly - Safety - Inhibit lateral movements

cien952

Reactions
In the settings, security tab, I have an idea that it was possible to inhibit lateral movements. I can't find this option at the moment. Why ?

What version of DJI Fly are you using, the safety flight feature was released with version 1.1.6 ?
The option to disable sideways flight is in the "Safety" options tab.

1612653726958.png

In mavic air 2, Dji Fly version 1.2.4, what happens is what I show in the photos. From time to time, I don't know how, the option in question appears (Obstacle avoidance action ...), and then disappears. There is something to 'dominate'.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-151342.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-151342.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210207-151404.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-151404.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 21
In mavic air 2, Dji Fly version 1.2.4, what happens is what I show in the photos. From time to time, I don't know how, the option in question appears (Obstacle avoidance action ...), and then disappears. There is something to 'dominate'.

It appears when the Bypass tab is active.

The other two tabs (brake / off) won't show the option.

Reactions: vjpapa
Aren't you talkin about the Icon that's on the left side of the screen midway down?

Aren't you talkin about the Icon that's on the left side of the screen midway down?
I'm talking about the 'safety' tab after the 'Obstacle Avoidance Action' option, there should be a choice to inhibit lateral flight. Sometimes it appears, most often not. This regardless of being on 'Bypass' or Brake'. I don't understand that ... do you say 'left side of the screen midway down'?

No, as you can see in the photo, the option at this point does not appear, and 'Bypass' is selected. I've seen her in the past, but now nothing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-151342.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-151342.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 12
No, as you can see in the photo, the option at this point does not appear, and 'Bypass' is selected. I've seen her in the past, but now nothing.

I tried different things on the mini4 and the Motorola and the slider appeared on both platforms.

When I would switch the flight control switch on the RC, the slider would disappear when it was in tripod or sport mode.

It wouldn't hurt to reinstall the FLY app.

Maybe something didn't get loaded correctly? ?

Reactions: vjpapa
"Disable Sideways Flight" is only available in normal flight mode.

Here's a quick reference card I made for the "Safety Assistance" indicator.
SafetyAssistanceIndicatorRefCard.jpg

Yep.

The O.P. (cien952) is missing the slider in the app.

I was tinkering around trying to get the same result.

In post number 9 above, the image provided shows the bypass option, but not the the slider to disable the sideways flight and that's what I was trying to replicate.

Here's a quick reference card I made for the "Safety Assistance" indicator.
View attachment 123504
Thanks. I know that in tripod mode it does not appear, all of this worked in the previous version, now in this one, 1.2.4, I noticed the lack of the option. What's your version?

And can you replicate?

So it remains for me to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Do you think this is correct?

That's what I would do since it's not there.

If it doesn't show up after a fresh install then it might be something else were not seeing.

I reinstalled the application, and now the option appears. Thanks.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ