DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly v.1.3.0 not available yet from Google Play Store.

tawantinsuyu2021

Reactions
As of today Google Play Store hasn't updated DJI Fly to the newest version 1.3.0
However downloading and installation from the DJI website is flawless.
Make sure that you have enough space available on your Android cell phone in order to install it

Reactions: tlswift58
Fly versions 1.2.4 and later for android have an in-app notice to notify you when a new update is available. DJI no longer posts Fly updates to Google Play.

In-App notice settings.

In-AppNotice-Setting-WithPath.png

Notice you will receive when an update is available.​

In-AppNotice-01.png

Reactions: tlswift58
Forget about Google Play Store for this.

You can get the update either on the Fly App itself (see above) or through the DJI website download site.

I learned from friends working at the Philippine Embassy in Beijing that Google is banned in China so I am not sure if that is the reason. Some other China based apps seem to be okay and still on Play Store.

Reactions: Blackpool tower
Well, I live in Canada and downloading apps not from Play Store is not automatic and then you get some complications with their further updates. But it is not an end of the world...

Well, I live in Canada and downloading apps not from Play Store is not automatic and then you get some complications with their further updates. But it is not an end of the world...
Like the message from DJI says, it will be from now on

So... Why is DJI refusing to put the app on the play store? It's not google playing "politics"
If you know anything about DJI drones you know the birds RUN android on board (more than once instance on many of them)

This isn't about compatibility with devices.

This is about DJI not wanting to submit their code to google...

Do you genuinely trust that?

Sorry, but I can't trust it. It's not a program that they have to pay to have on there.

DJI also uses a lot of open source GNU licensed stuff without acknowledging it. They haven't been the most forthcoming company in the past, and this whole situation is ... sketchy, at best.

Blaming "android" is stupid. Every part of a dji drone is running android.

There's something "deeper" here, and it's too bad they are keeping us in the dark about it.

I'm already miffed with DJI for taking a year to release teh SDK for the MA2 and ... oh hey, we removed most of the functionality that the SDKs were useful for. *AHEM WAYPOINTS*

And before people say "dronelink" ... virtual stick flying is NO substitute for being able to upload a mission directly to the flight controller. Not even close.

I'm done with DJI until they become more transparent and i guess i won't be upgrading my DJI fly app or my firmware until i find a modded apk that doesn't phone home.

DJI Fly App seems to be completely removed now from Google Play Store. No longer shown when I look it up. However, current version 1.4.0 showed up in the meanwhile in Samsung's Galaxy Store

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent