DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly v.1.9.4 ok to install ?

There is another side to that coin. Research is best prior to clicking that button.
Obviously.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that hiccups happen. I'm confident you agree that DJI updates have been mostly solid, as past history shows, right? Im not dreaming this up am I?

Generally speaking, DJI updates are pretty solid and recommend by forum members here to update ASAP. I understand that just about any other electronic device is questionable to update immediately but that just doesn't seem to be the case with DJI updates.
There have been hiccups in the past but I would hold a great confidence in updating all your drone firmware and software as soon as available.
Thanks, I did update a few days ago, and took a quick test flight. All is good. Just waiting for some warmer weather here in Ohio.

Reactions: Yaros
I'm confident you agree that DJI updates have been mostly solid, as past history shows, right?
Not at all. DJI is known for breaking stuff.
A good example of this is the Mavic Air 2 firmware update which bricked some drones...

Reactions: Slawaw and maggior
I do not understand the very meaning of updates if the drone works perfectly.
What does the user want to get by pressing the button? 🙂

Should be no problem with updates currently. Watch out when a definite crisis occurs with China's support of Russia. The Chinese government can require nefarious updates to make DJI and other Chinese drones decapitate ours/NATOS drones overnight. Just sayin.....yes, this post most likely will be deleted by the DJI forum drone master.

Hmm. Have you sold all your DJI hardware to avoid such an overnight shutdown?

I do not understand the very meaning of updates if the drone works perfectly.
What does the user want to get by pressing the button? 🙂
New features. Bug fixes. Compliance with FAA regulations.

All my drones have the latest firmware and software and they all have useful features and capabilities that they didn't have prior to the updates. Both the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro are significantly better than they were with the firmware and software they had when released.

Both the Mavic 3 and the Mini 3 Pro are significantly better than they were with the firmware and software they had when released
From the moment of release, it is logical to eliminate the "childhood illnesses" of the product with an update. So what is next? Here is update 1.9.4.
What new tools and features did you get?

What shortcomings have been fixed if everything worked perfectly on 1.9.1 and earlie

It remains to deal with the requirements of the FAA.

What shortcomings have been fixed if everything worked perfectly on 1.9.1 and earlie
That's a question better directed to the DJI engineers. But if "everything worked perfectly" on earlier releases, I doubt that there would have been updates.

"From the moment of release, it is logical to eliminate the "childhood illnesses" of the product with an update."

There are teenage and adult illnesses, too, that need to be addressed. The release notes for updates don't list all the changes included and the problem fixes. We don't know what was done, but I trust the people who designed and built the drone to update the software and firmware when they see a need. If I couldn't trust them with updates, I wouldn't have trusted them with the basic design, and I'd never have bought the drones.

Last edited:
Reactions: JmsWms and FLDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS