DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 DJI FPV DRONE WINDSURFING

In manual mode it can handle a lot more wind (maybe BFT 6) but the landing is very difficult with the front-arms

In normal mode (GPS) BFT 3 otherwise only high wind warnings

Thanks for nice comment
I had it in gusts of at least 5-6bft last week with the motion controller, and even then landing was a b!tch... it kept hovering with an attitude of 45deg at 30cm above the ground, and I had the goggles off to watch what the drone was doing. It really wouldn't land, only after a minute or two, I looked in the goggles, and saw it gave me a message that it couldn't get a stable picture of the landing area, and whether I wanted to land anyway. Pushed the OK button and it landed flawlessly.

Reactions: Dany FeelGood
I had it in gusts of at least 5-6bft last week with the motion controller, and even then landing was a b!tch... it kept hovering with an attitude of 45deg at 30cm above the ground, and I had the goggles off to watch what the drone was doing. It really wouldn't land, only after a minute or two, I looked in the goggles, and saw it gave me a message that it couldn't get a stable picture of the landing area, and whether I wanted to land anyway. Pushed the OK button and it landed flawlessly.

The front arms want to flip the drone if you dont watch out .. and the motors shut off to late (my opinion)

Reactions: JoostGT3
Great, exactly what I needed to know.
I understand that landing can be hard. Otherwise, was it stable when flying in high wind? I usually try to land in shelter.

Please put up some more clips, if you fly in even stronger wind. I'm searching for a drone that can handle 15-20m/s and still be able to fly against the wind.

Thanks!

Please put up some more clips, if you fly in even stronger wind. I'm searching for a drone that can handle 15-20m/s and still be able to fly against the wind.

Thanks!

???

Its possible., but fly time would be very very very short
And landing would be Horror or change props every time ?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emilybrown24