DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV: Features and Faults

Chaosrider

Reactions
I'm almost done reading the FPV manual, so my previous enormous ignorance has been abated just a bit. I'd like to use this thread as a sort of "rolling review" of the FPV, to talk about both it's features, and it's faults. I still have a lot to learn about it, but now I may have some things to offer as well. When I actually get it, I'll relay my experiences in learning how to use it...and *NOT* crash it!

:cool:

From the comments in various other threads, my only remaining concern is video quality to a second pair of goggles. Some folks here have said it sucks, and some posted videos that most certainly sucked. I'm trying to assess both how bad the problem is, and how pervasive it is. I asked DJI about it, and this was their response:

"1. In Audience mode, the secondary goggles utilize a one-way communication system with the air unit, which can affect the image quality and signal strength. The primary goggles will not be affected. To ensure a good viewing experience in Audience mode, please choose a good viewing spot and try to avoid blocking the signal between the secondary goggles and the air unit.

2. When Broadcast mode is enabled in the DJI FPV, the longest distance between the Audience Goggles and the Player Goggles is 1 km (theoretical value). We recommend being as close as possible.

3. In Audience mode, the DJI FPV goggles communicate with the air terminal module in one-way, and are only responsible for receiving, so no channel is occupied and the number of viewers is unlimited.

4. After linking the Master DJI FPV Goggles V2 with the aircraft and remote controller, go to Transmission - Pilot - Broadcasting (3ADC). Enable Image Broadcast and have the goggles enter Audience mode. Refresh the list and Master DJI FPV Goggles V2 information. Search for CH1 and connect them.

5. The DJI FPV drone supports the following image transmission resolutions and frame rates: 810p@120fps and 810p@60fps"

This doesn't fully resolve my image quality questions, but I had specifically asked for the signal path from the drone camera to the second set of goggles, which this addresses nicely.

Comments on this from folks who have flow the FPV would be greatly appreciated!

Have any of you here had a good experience using a second pair of goggles with the FPV, in terms of image quality to the second set of goggles?

Thx,

TCS

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest