DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV Logfiles?

JoostGT3

Reactions
So, this weekend, I flew aerobatics with my DJ FPV in full manual mode for the first time. I wanted to visualize the flights that I made, so I figured I could take the log files and read them into google maps, right?

I was able to extract the logfiles from the drone with DJI Assistant 2 for the FPV. Then I downloaded DatCon and tried to read the DAT file. It told me it needed to be converted using a program "Extract DJI", which was also included in the DatCon download. I did that, then imported the resulting DAT file. If I then want to output a CSV or a KML file, it gives me empty files.

Now my question; has anybody already successfully read the log files from the DJI FPV unit, and if so; how?

If it works, I know I can visualize the trajectory that the drone flew as a static path in google maps, but does anybody know whether it is possible to animate the entire flight? Would be nice if I can edit a picture in picture kind of movie which shows the viewpoint of the drone together with the trajectory as it creates it.

Thanks in advance guys! Cheers Joost

The AC DAT logs are very likely encrypted as for all other DJI models after Mavic Pro 1 & can't be read by others than DJI.
Don't know if this craft create any .TXT logs somewhere else that just can be offloaded without Assistance 2 (as its when handled through Assistant 2 they get encrypted ...)

Sniff through the SD card in the AC & in the goggles if you have one there ... folders named "flightrecord" or .TXT files beginning with a date of the flight. Also check if any files there is called like "fc_log.log" as that could be a DAT log in the similar way as in the Mini 1.

So, this weekend, I flew aerobatics with my DJ FPV in full manual mode for the first time. I wanted to visualize the flights that I made, so I figured I could take the log files and read them into google maps, right?

I was able to extract the logfiles from the drone with DJI Assistant 2 for the FPV. Then I downloaded DatCon and tried to read the DAT file. It told me it needed to be converted using a program "Extract DJI", which was also included in the DatCon download. I did that, then imported the resulting DAT file. If I then want to output a CSV or a KML file, it gives me empty files.

Now my question; has anybody already successfully read the log files from the DJI FPV unit, and if so; how?

If it works, I know I can visualize the trajectory that the drone flew as a static path in google maps, but does anybody know whether it is possible to animate the entire flight? Would be nice if I can edit a picture in picture kind of movie which shows the viewpoint of the drone together with the trajectory as it creates it.

Thanks in advance guys! Cheers Joost
I've had a chance to look at the .DAT log files. Both the on board .DAT and the .DAT recorded by the goggles are encrypted and can not be processed by CsvView/DatCon

Reactions: slup
Reactions: slup
That's too bad! So no methods for people other than DJI to make anything useful out of it, right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu