DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Geo Zones 2.0 - Authorization Zone Question

i wonder if i have any 'safe' nfz nearby to try it out to see what it is about, as i assumed it was supposed to 'see' those boundaries and not to enter the nfz at all. odd.
There is a 'safe' way to perform such a check:
With your equipment on the passenger seat, everything powered on, but props off, start the motors and approach in your car an NFZ - watch the GO4 screen on what's happening.

so, i asked for that guy i spoke with to try to find go4 logs, but he says he lost his drone in that specific scenario - where it somehow went into an nfz, flew into it for a 2 min or so without any alerts - and he was not aware he is entering the nfz - and then said him 'something' on the screen in red :) and went into the auto landing. spoke to him yesterday about it, so, will see if he will find logs or not, he is not a technical person at all.

i wonder if i have any 'safe' nfz nearby to try it out to see what it is about, as i assumed it was supposed to 'see' those boundaries and not to enter the nfz at all. odd.
A Temporary No Fly Zone, such as around a professional ballpark or for a presidential visit, etc. May appear de novo while a drone is inside it. The behavior you describe would be as expected.
Check with FAA for TNFZs before flying. They are listed on the FAA site before they become active.

A Temporary No Fly Zone, such as around a professional ballpark or for a presidential visit, etc. May appear de novo while a drone is inside it. The behavior you describe would be as expected.
Check with FAA for TNFZs before flying. They are listed on the FAA site before they become active.
he says it was near to the local small aviation airport, above the forest, so, does not seem to be a temporary thing to me. so, go figure. dunno. would be nice to test, but i have nothing near to me to mess with.

With your equipment on the passenger seat, everything powered on, but props off, start the motors and approach in your car an NFZ - watch the GO4 screen on what's happening.
not a same thing at all... to test something like that would take at least a dozen attempts in different modes, best way would be to use it with some national park border nearby, or a similar stationary object. but i do not have anything like that. and, obviously, not going to do it near the airports.
only item i have nearby is a military research facility, but, it may end up to be even slightly more suicidal that stupid flying over the airport. :) so, will see if i ever get any logs from him to see. i dont think it will happen as he was quite pissed after losing his toy - he had no insurance and no dji refresh, no nothing and did not know even about flight logs on the tablet.

he says it was near to the local small aviation airport, above the forest, so, does not seem to be a temporary thing to me. so, go figure. dunno. would be nice to test, but i have nothing near to me to mess with.
Please see post #20... several folks with questions. I was responding to a query regarding suddenly being in a NFZ.

Please see post #20... several folks with questions. I was responding to a query regarding suddenly being in a NFZ.
you probably mean post #22 - to which i responded that there is nothing around his town other than one small aviation airfield appx 5-6 miles away from his home. no temporary nfzs can spawn on top of local protected wetlands, usually.

you probably mean post #22 - to which i responded that there is nothing around his town other than one small aviation airfield appx 5-6 miles away from his home. no temporary nfzs can spawn on top of local protected wetlands, usually.
Meant #20, your post. Have a good one!

can somebody confirm what exactly is expected to happen on the latest .0400 firmware when you cross the boundaries of the NFZ during the flight? it presumes that flight was started outside of NFZ, but then flight path crossed its border.
should it refuse to enter the area and notify so on the screen of the GO4 app letting you to fly around it, or will it enter NFZ, go deep enough in it, then realize what it did, show the post-mortem notification on the screen and then switch to an auto landing mode?
Twice, I flew into a NFL without knowing it. I got a message in Chinese English that I flew in a NFZ and was prompted to fly out. The voice surprised me because of the language. I think I also got a red banner. On both occasions I quickly hit RTH and my drone flew back successfully.

Would it get gps inside a vehicle? Close enough to the windshield - possibly. Obviously, you need gps so that it knows you've entered (cue music) The Twilight Zone!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum