DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Gimbal Foam Arrived

Wrote them yesterday morning. By today they had put the request in. My concern? They put it through warranty service. Cute. Now they can deny me a full second-year of warranty if I don't put any claim in Care Refresh during the year ots in effect. I'm keeping copies of all correspondence, since I dont want to use a warranty claim for a couple of pieces of foam, no matter how great and high end luxury gimbal protection it offers!

By the way, the technical term for this highly engineered, custom fit, drone enhancement is the following:

Product Details

Gimbal EVA Limiting Foam

But yes, after using the term "Warranty" multiple times, the shipped it with the following subject line.

SmartSelect_20220120-214133_Email.jpg

Just a heads up. If you have Care Refresh, do NOT let DJI Classify this as a repair. In the event you don't use Care Refresh during the year term, DJI gives you an additional year warranty. Not another year of Care Refresh, just the warranty gets extended. I assume it is because it indicates that you take reasonable care.

I probably won't end up using any of it, and they don't limit the number of warranty claims/repairs, but to lose a full year of warranty coverage over a piece of foam? Forewarned is forearmed!

• Angry
Reactions: Wade L.
I bought my M3 (non-cine) in mid December, with the fly more bundle. It arrived with the foam yoke in place, but there was only one, so I am sure I will lose it within a few weeks.

I bought my M3 (non-cine) in mid December, with the fly more bundle. It arrived with the foam yoke in place, but there was only one, so I am sure I will lose it within a few weeks.
Seems that very few are actually getting the foam when they buy the drone.

Mine arrived today - probably the easiest interaction I have had with DJI.

As I suspected. It will be more pleasant to get a root canal. I asked support for the foam. They want serial number place of purchase a copy of the invoice and a few other things I can’t remember. Can’t they see from my account that I’m flying this drone?

Hmmm that wasn’t my experience with DjI. they just ask for the serial number of the drone and that was it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111