DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4.1.11 --- Already???

dsd317

Reactions
4.1.10 was released a few days ago...and now another update? Anyone updated and see any differences?

****!!!!! I must've accidentally hit the "Update" button on my iphone because now my DJI GO app is on 4.1.11 version. :eek::confused::mad:

I haven't updated my GO app since DJI implemented their "log in" thingy (many versions ago) because I haven't had any reason to do so. Oh well...I'll have to try this out when I get home from work later this afternoon.

I just updated my DJI Go4 app to it 4.1.11 but haven't got to try it yet! I did fly this morning with the one I downloaded last night DJI GO4 4.1.10 and it worked great,hope this one works as well,but it makes you wonder why the next one came out in less than 24 hrs?

They must have found a serious bug to get another version out so quickly? Is there a new firmware too?

I flew with the updated DJI GO4 4.1.11 this evening. Darned if I can tell what they did? Runs the same as 4.1.10?

With iOS 11 hitting wide release I expect a few compatibility issues cropped up. Just a guess, though.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I'm not sure which previous version I was on before I accidentally updated to 4.1.11...but it was way before they implemented the "log in" part, so it was several versions old...along with my Mavic being on firmware 01.03.0600 and had no problems whatsoever flying indoors and outdoors, hence, my reasoning for not updating at all.

But since accidentally updating to 4.1.11, NFZ and the 30m and 50m altitude and distance restrictions started popping up. I could still fly with Mavic performance just as good as before. Just had to deal with the warnings.

I've decided to "bite-the-bullet" and update my Mavic firmware from 01.03.0600 to 01.04.0000. I flew indoors last night and no warnings popped up and Mavic performed like a champ. I'll be flying outdoors this morning when the sun comes out and will update this thread with my findings....if any.

Before:
upload_2017-9-22_6-30-43.png

After:
upload_2017-9-22_6-32-2.png

With iOS 11 hitting wide release I expect a few compatibility issues cropped up. Just a guess, though.
I have to agree. Often times, after a major IOS update the different apps may need small tweaks that they missed during the beta testing of the iOS app.

I was able to fly two batteries outdoor with my setup and the Mavic flew as it did before GO app and firmware updates. The only thing that was concerning was that for some reason after reaching approx. 4200ft, the orientation triangle/arrow on my GO app (bottom left on iphone 7 plus) was off by approx. 90 degrees. I'll have to run more tests later to see if this is consistent. This has not happened before the updates.

I was able to fly two batteries outdoor with my setup and the Mavic flew as it did before GO app and firmware updates. The only thing that was concerning was that for some reason after reaching approx. 4200ft, the orientation triangle/arrow on my GO app (bottom left on iphone 7 plus) was off by approx. 90 degrees. I'll have to run more tests later to see if this is consistent. This has not happened before the updates.
I noticed the same thing? But when I used it to fly back to home,it functioned as it should? I think I might try a compass caliburation,even though the app says it good to go.

I unfortunately updated to iOS 11 this morning on both my iPhone 7 and iPad mini 2. When I went to launch DJI GO 4.1.11, I am not being allowed to log in due to the keyboard becoming unavailable for the password field. I reinstalled the app, re-entered my username, agreed to all the new ULA and permissions, but still a no go due to the password filed being unavailable. Ideas?

Reactions: Jiri Kubik
I have three different Apple devices to update, I also e experienced the issue when I tried the first update on my iPad mini 3.

You need to press your finger directly below the word Password and hold a moment or two, keyboard the appears.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
Why are you guy's so quick to jump on iOS 11?:confused: Dosen't the present iOS 10.3.3 work well for you? I've never had one hicup out of it?o_O

Thank you, that worked. Its took almost 8 seconds of pressing to activate the keyboard! Definitely not a tap like in previous versions.

Why are you guy's so quick to jump on iOS 11?:confused: Dosen't the present iOS 10.3.3 work well for you? I've never had one hicup out of it?o_O
The past iOS' work just fine. I just like the most current tweaks. But some times I get in trouble, updating before all the bugs aren't worked out. I will wait a day or so before I update and I read the forums and reviews including what the beta testers say. So far I haven't had any serious problems. I run several Mac devices and like the fact that they all interface with each other automatically. The only problem I have is on my wife's devices. She hates change. So I need to be careful that I don't change anything or how it looks to her. And I think the new DJI updates were due to the new iOS, FW and GO4 updates. I want things to be all compatible.

You are wise to be cautious. If it works well for you and you can live without some of the new features, then stick with what works. Sometimes, I wish that I had taken my own advice.

I'm sticking with iOS 10.3.3 until I'm forced to update! Every thing is working as it should so far,so no need to screw it up!

I have been running iOS 11 Betas on my iPhone 7 Plus and my iPad Pro for the past several months leading up to the final release. I’ve flown my Mavic on the stock DJI app as well as Litchi and Auto Pilot and have never had the slightest hiccup. I too love living on the cutting edge of all the new perks in the newest software. I have been an Apple Beta tester for years. I am always careful about flight testing it out first, before updating both devices.
You guys can stay with iOS 10 if you want, but there is no need to...unless your older device does not support it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.