DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 aand Litchi for Mavic Pro

paulwwww

Reactions
Recently purchased a beautiful Mavic Pro, and really like the waypoints feature. I am interested in setting up a mission that surpasses the 5000 meter range that's in the DJI Go 4 app. I understand Litchi can do this. My question though after reading the Litchi documentation is to ensure the drone and controller have the latest firmware, prior to using the app.
Well I am a long time IT guy, and if it isn't broke, please don't fix it. Has anyone started using the Litchi app regardless of which firmware the drone has?
Any info is great, thanks!

Recently purchased a beautiful Mavic Pro, and really like the waypoints feature. I am interested in setting up a mission that surpasses the 5000 meter range that's in the DJI Go 4 app. I understand Litchi can do this. My question though after reading the Litchi documentation is to ensure the drone and controller have the latest firmware, prior to using the app.
Well I am a long time IT guy, and if it isn't broke, please don't fix it. Has anyone started using the Litchi app regardless of which firmware the drone has?
Any info is great, thanks!
I am a developer for DJI firmware modifications and I can tell you the 5000m limit is hard-coded into the aircraft firmware. Litchi will try to upload the mission yes, but the drone won’t accept the mission and will give Litchi an error.

I have a GitHub project that modifies the firmware to unlock limits on the Mavic Pro and other DJI aircraft. One of the undocumented benefits is that the 5000m limit on waypoint missions is removed. Anyone with even limited computer ability can do this and as an IT guy you’ll find it a breeze.

This was developed organically here in the forum. To see our discussions about it you must go into your MavicPilots account settings and request the ability to see the software modifications section. After about 30 mins, once the sever updates, you’ll be able to search for “Super-Patcher” and see the discussions about it. More importantly read the readme on GitHub. That is the location of the most up to date information about it. I have not yet added this benefit or talked about it but it is something I will add now that it has come up.

BTW Litchi is a must have app for waypoints. DJI Go waypoints is basically worthless for the Mavic Pro. I’m surprised you are as happy with it as you sound. You’ll be blown away by Litchi and it will upload missions longer than 5000m to the drone and the drone will accept after Super-Patcher. I believe DJI Go 4 will not allow you to save a waypoint mission longer than 5000m much less upload it to the drone. At least that’s my current understanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: CTU and svickstc
Also the firmware version for the Mavic Pro doesn’t matter for Litchi unless it’s a really really old one. What firmware are you using?

I am a developer for DJI firmware modifications and I can tell you the 5000m limit is hard-coded into the aircraft firmware. Litchi will try to upload the mission yes, but the drone won’t accept the mission and will give Litchi an error.

I have a GitHub project that modifies the firmware to unlock limits on the Mavic Pro and other DJI aircraft. One of the undocumented benefits is that the 5000m limit on waypoint missions is removed. Anyone with even limited computer ability can do this and as an IT guy you’ll find it a breeze.

This was developed organically here in the forum. To see our discussions about it you must go into your MavicPilots account settings and request the ability to see the software modifications section. After about 30 mins, once the sever updates, you’ll be able to search for “Super-Patcher” and see the discussions about it. More importantly read the readme on GitHub. That is the location of the most up to date information about it. I have not yet added this benefit or talked about it but it is something I will add now that it has come up.

BTW Litchi is a must have app for waypoints. DJI Go waypoints is basically worthless for the Mavic Pro. I’m surprised you are as happy with it as you sound. You’ll be blown away by Litchi and it will upload missions longer than 5000m to the drone and the drone will accept after Super-Patcher. I believe DJI Go 4 will not allow you to save a waypoint mission longer than 5000m much less upload it to the drone. At least that’s my current understanding.
Sorry for the late reply, yea will admit this is only my second drone, was toying around with an old FC40 for about a year prior to getting this one. So it is quite the improvement. I have so much to learn. Have yet to hook it up to my computer to see what firmware is on it, suspect I should have done that prior to this post. Will do that as soon as possible to see where I am. So far all the flight modes I have tested work as advertised, this is a used drone, but very good condition. So grateful for the information, will take some time and look at the information you provide, but it sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Will respond at a later time. Thanks!!

Good to see you still around Brett! Keep up the good work!!

Reactions: brett8883

Thanks Brett, this looks like one really nice project. I am at the latest version for the Mavic Pro, version ending in 400, which DJI states, once the version is flashed there is no going back. Wanted to verify I could hook the drone up to DJI Assistant 2, after trying multiple versions and stealing drivers from the flight simulator, etc., reading the forum, I could not get connected. To me it sounds like a driver issue, but who knows. DJI Go 4 app says I am on latest version, and did not attempt anything from that app, based on others stated experience. I really want to try Super-Patcher, but would also like having the option to go back to 400 in worse case scenario. Sorry for being long winded. Just a couple questions if you have time.
Does your program provide the drivers necessary to connect the drone, assume I will see an error if it does not connect.
My guess is I won't want to go back to 400, but if so, do you know the best way to do that?
Thanks in advance, and again nice job on this project.

Thanks Brett, this looks like one really nice project. I am at the latest version for the Mavic Pro, version ending in 400, which DJI states, once the version is flashed there is no going back. Wanted to verify I could hook the drone up to DJI Assistant 2, after trying multiple versions and stealing drivers from the flight simulator, etc., reading the forum, I could not get connected. To me it sounds like a driver issue, but who knows. DJI Go 4 app says I am on latest version, and did not attempt anything from that app, based on others stated experience. I really want to try Super-Patcher, but would also like having the option to go back to 400 in worse case scenario. Sorry for being long winded. Just a couple questions if you have time.
Does your program provide the drivers necessary to connect the drone, assume I will see an error if it does not connect.
My guess is I won't want to go back to 400, but if so, do you know the best way to do that?
Thanks in advance, and again nice job on this project.
Are you using Windows 10? Windows 10 is highly highly suggested for this exact reason. DJI Assistant 2 has the drivers for the aircraft. If even after installing Assistant 2 you still cannot connect on Windows 10 see if any anti-virus software is blocking the connection to the drone.

You can go to device manager in Windows with the Aicraft connected to see the driver status.

Super-Patcher has the programming to downgrade the aircraft’s firmware built into it. Simply choose option#2 in the Super-Patcher main menu to downgrade the firmware to the correct version for Super-Patcher.

Assistant 2 generally won’t allow you to downgrade as you read in the release notes so Super-Patcher has its own program called DUMLdore, play on “DUML” (DJI Universal Markup Language) which is DJIs proprietary programing language, to downgrade the firmware. You can always upgrade again using DUMLdore, Assistant 2 or DJI Go 4.

Super-Patcher is easily reverted by flashing any stock firmware version so if you want to go back (you won’t) you can just flash it with 01.04.0400 or the latest which is 01.04.0500 and that will undo SP and restore the firmware to how it was before.

Just use Windows 10for Super-Patcher to save you some trouble. Super-Oatcher will give an error if you are using a different version of Windows but that can be dismissed.

Are you using Windows 10? Windows 10 is highly highly suggested for this exact reason. DJI Assistant 2 has the drivers for the aircraft. If even after installing Assistant 2 you still cannot connect on Windows 10 see if any anti-virus software is blocking the connection to the drone.

You can go to device manager in Windows with the Aicraft connected to see the driver status.

Super-Patcher has the programming to downgrade the aircraft’s firmware built into it. Simply choose option#2 in the Super-Patcher main menu to downgrade the firmware to the correct version for Super-Patcher.

Assistant 2 generally won’t allow you to downgrade as you read in the release notes so Super-Patcher has its own program called DUMLdore, play on “DUML” (DJI Universal Markup Language) which is DJIs proprietary programing language, to downgrade the firmware. You can always upgrade again using DUMLdore, Assistant 2 or DJI Go 4.

Super-Patcher is easily reverted by flashing any stock firmware version so if you want to go back (you won’t) you can just flash it with 01.04.0400 or the latest which is 01.04.0500 and that will undo SP and restore the firmware to how it was before.

Just use Windows 10for Super-Patcher to save you some trouble. Super-Oatcher will give an error if you are using a different version of Windows but that can be dismissed.

Just to clarify, if I can't get the assistant 2 to see the drone, will that need resolved before using Super Patcher? Thanks

Just to clarify, if I can't get the assistant 2 to see the drone, will that need resolved before using Super Patcher? Thanks
There’s a good chance the issue you are having with Assistant 2 will also be an issue with Super-Patcher especially if it is a driver issue.

Please verify for me your Windows version is Windows 10. My instructions will be different for other Windows versions.

First, let’s make sure you have the correct version on Assistant 2 installed. You want Assistant 1.2.5 installed

There’s a good chance the issue you are having with Assistant 2 will also be an issue with Super-Patcher especially if it is a driver issue.

Please verify for me your Windows version is Windows 10. My instructions will be different for other Windows versions.

First, let’s make sure you have the correct version on Assistant 2 installed. You want Assistant 1.2.5 installed

I have Assistant 1.2.5 and Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

I have Assistant 1.2.5 and Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Weird. Make sure you have a good cable then. Need a high quality data cable not just a charging one.

If you have any third party firewalls or anti-virus blockers either see if you can tell them to trust DJI Assistant 2 or temporarily disable them.

Are you able to see the drone in file explorer? It should bring up the drones SD card as an external drive.

Also check device manager to see if you can see the drone there.

You should not be having issues getting the drone to show up.

Reactions: paulwwww
@paulwwww since you have the correct software installed you could at this point make sure to shut down Assistant 2 and then run Super-Patcher. If DUMLdore see's your drone and doesn't have an issue then it doesnt matter that Assistant 2 isn't working. We only needed it for the driver nothing more

Tried a lot of the tips and tricks posted on the forum, ran through it again with the version 1.2.5, nothing. Unfortunately, time is not on my side today, will be back out here later on. Any information is great Brett, thanks man!

@paulwwww since you have the correct software installed you could at this point make sure to shut down Assistant 2 and then run Super-Patcher. If DUMLdore see's your drone and doesn't have an issue then it doesnt matter that Assistant 2 isn't working. We only needed it for the driver nothing more
Sorry didn't see this response, will try it out soon, thanks! Off to the job that helps pay for the toys lol...

Reactions: brett8883
The waypoints in Go 4 are you basically flying the mission, setting the points then saving them. Then the bird will basically just repeat it more smoothly. Litchi can do that as well but even better you can sit on your pc not wasting battery, at night, pouring rain outside and plan your waypoints and points of intrest in the comfort of home. Set the drones altitudes, flight path, fly forward, backward sideways etc. POI's, set where you want camera to look 0', 10' down, up wherever. You can draw a flight path with a mouse. Seriously worth the price. Practice a few mini missions in a parking lot or park use a mock poi like your car or something. Have fun [emoji106]
Post your experiences too.

The waypoints in Go 4 are you basically flying the mission, setting the points then saving them. Then the bird will basically just repeat it more smoothly. Litchi can do that as well but even better you can sit on your pc not wasting battery, at night, pouring rain outside and plan your waypoints and points of intrest in the comfort of home. Set the drones altitudes, flight path, fly forward, backward sideways etc. POI's, set where you want camera to look 0', 10' down, up wherever. You can draw a flight path with a mouse. Seriously worth the price. Practice a few mini missions in a parking lot or park use a mock poi like your car or something. Have fun [emoji106]
Post your experiences too.
DJI Go 4 always has some issue with the mission i want to run. Too far from the home point, too close tot the home point, too close to another waypoint, too far from another way point. Also, since it doesn't have a way to program the focus of the camera on an object or location I can't know what it will be doing or where it will be facing. Those are my complaints with DJI Go 4 waypoints for MP1. If it works for you then excellent.

Thanks, wonder if this has to do with unsigned drivers, will have to try later to see if this process with Windows 10 works,.https://ph.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10%3A-disable-signed-driver-enforcement

Thanks, wonder if this has to do with unsigned drivers, will have to try later to see if this process with Windows 10 works,.https://ph.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38288/~/windows-10%3A-disable-signed-driver-enforcement
Yea that's the issue with WIndows 8 and 7 but hasn't been an issue with Window 10. If you go into device manager you can see if there's a yellow caution triangle next to one of the DJI drivers. There are a couple and we need them all to work for Super-Patcher.

This is a good site for the unsigned drivers thing though. I may put it in the readme

Yea that's the issue with WIndows 8 and 7 but hasn't been an issue with Window 10. If you go into device manager you can see if there's a yellow caution triangle next to one of the DJI drivers. There are a couple and we need them all to work for Super-Patcher.

This is a good site for the unsigned drivers thing though. I may put it in the readme
Well I have scoured every inch of the internet in search of an answer to this problem, also got about 12 hours of time into it, which kills me, lol. The USB cable was part of the problem, but now that I can connect, the device shows as unknown device in device manager. Tried safe mode for unsigned drivers, on Windows 10 and turned off completely checking for unsigned drivers on my Windows 7 machine, nothing. Thanks for all the help, until I find another window of time, will have to let this go, darn shame, because I really want this patch. Maybe next week.
Here is a POI I got the other day, kind of fun...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98