DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app: off-loading "original" cached HD files to SD card not working

bclev23

Reactions
Hi All,

It's been an interesting day...I recorded some video this morning on my Mavic Pro, but realized halfway through the flight I didn't have an SD card in (shot sunrise, wasn't awake yet). I accepted it and shot as cached files to recover later.

When I got back, I popped a 64Gb SD card into my Mavic, powered it on, connected to the GO 4 app. I then selected all of the video files in the cache (about 25-30) and in the bottom left of the screen, there was a button with "HD" and what looked to be an SD card-like frame around it. I clicked that, and the process began. However, only 11 of the video files were actually recovered/converted to their "original" file size. It was bizarre, because it was every other video in the album, then stopped after 11 total files. When I tried the process again - to select the video files that weren't converted, then hit the HD button - the button is no longer accessible and I cannot do it.

I then put my SD card into my laptop to see if it was a storage issue - nope, had 32 Gb left. When I went to move the video files that were recovered to my SD card onto my 1Tb external drive, the SD card kicked back an error - it's corrupted.

SO, then I go back to the app, back to the album, and download the 11 files that it did work for to my phone, airdropped from my phone to computer, then computer onto my external HD. That worked.

However, where the real issue lies is that I cannot recover, in full HD, the other 24 video clips from this morning. Take a look at these pictures:

When I'm connected to my drone, everything, through the GO 4 app, the HD button isn't selectable after I've selected the clips I want converted to "original":
IMG_7BC6BFE4CB65-1.jpeg

Then when I'm not connected to my drone, it has the HD option available, but when clicked, it gives me this warning (for obvious reasons):
IMG_D7C2E0A306A3-1.jpeg

I even put a totally new SD card in my drone (because the other one became corrupted) and nothing. Still not working. PLEASE help me from going insane - and losing some amazing footage :(

Many thanks!

Let me understand, you're trying to upload cache files back to the Mavic? Sounds counter-productive. Cache files are not the same quality as what would be recorded on an on-board SD card.
You're better off downloading the cache files directly to your PC.

Reactions: Flycaster
I cannot recover, in full HD, the other 24 video clips from this morning.
Obviously not since no full HD copy of them exists at all.

You are misunderstanding the process. When recording cache on the phone you then have to get the footage off the phone, you can't somehow send that back onto the card, and of course it certainly won't magically create higher quality versions than what the phone stored...

The HD button does the opposite, allows you to get the files FROM the card TO the phone, IF that clip was also recorded on the card in the first place (to allow doing a higher quality edit within the app).

Reactions: Flycaster
@Kilrah What's bizarre about it then is that I had no SD card in my Mavic, I selected 24 video files, 11 of them downloaded to my phone in full HD from the cached library by pressing the HD button...There was no SD card present for any of that.

I checked those files and they're full HD 2.7K. What you're saying makes sense, but what happened certainly doesn't

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson