DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 app on Google Play broken

inigosword

Reactions
I just got a Mavic Pro 2 and downloaded the DJI GO 4 app from Google Play. However, the app crashes trying to start it up. The same app crashing occurs trying to run off my tablet so it failed across multiple devices. So then I went to DJI's website and downloaded the APK for the app and installed it that way. Now the app starts up properly and I can fly the Mavic. Is there a problem with the current version of DJI GO 4 on Google Play?
Thanks, Randy

@inigosword for an Android device getting the APP from DJI is the only way now ,Google Play does not allow Apps from DJI to be downloaded any more has been that way for some time now

Reactions: 72evenant
@inigosword for an Android device getting the APP from DJI is the only way now ,Google Play does not allow Apps from DJI to be downloaded any more has been that way for some time now
Thank you for the quick response! I was able to download the app from Google Play. If DJI is no longer maintaining their app on Google Play, they need to remove it

Reactions: old man mavic
unfortunately its Google Play who has to remove it from the play store ,DJI have no control over that ,and although it downloads, it does not work as you found out

unfortunately its Google Play who has to remove it from the play store ,DJI have no control over that ,and although it downloads, it does not work as you found out
Thanks for setting me straight. I wish I had known this when I first got the used Mavic Pro 2. It would have saved me several hours of frustration. I should have joined MavicPilots earlier! I wonder why Google Play does not let DJI update its app anymore or why they won't remove an app when the app owner requests it to be removed?

Reactions: old man mavic
Is there an explanation of why this is the case? Why does Google not allow DJI apps?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11