DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go 4 refresh?

Escape27

Reactions
Hello Pilots I have a mavic Pro with crystal Sky all working fine with recent firmware update well last year, I thought I would check out firmware on DJI Assistant see screen shot. As you can see latest firmware but it informed me refresh? Having read some people have had trouble with latest software? would it be ok to refresh of ignor it. Ps Iam not a techy chap.
so advice would be appreciate.

Attachments

• 4D033F86-841C-499A-ABF5-3AE8F264C79B.jpeg
    4D033F86-841C-499A-ABF5-3AE8F264C79B.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
If it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)
Thanks I was thinking of that statement I did get a reply from DJI saying refresh it, but remembered reading about other mavic owners complaining about problems after downloading new version, hence asking you chaps on this forum.?

Thanks I was thinking of that statement I did get a reply from DJI saying refresh it, but remembered reading about other mavic owners complaining about problems after downloading new version, hence asking you chaps on this forum.?

According to the photo you already have the current final firmware V01.04.500 installed (see the red "current"), the refresh you see is an option if your having problems with the previous installation of the firmware and need to install it again.

V01.04.500 is the final firmware release for the Mavic Pro as the drone has been discontinued and is out of support.

Last edited:
According to the photo you already have the current final firmware V01.04.500 installed (see the red "current"), the refresh you see is an option if your having problems with the previous installation of the firmware and need to install it again.

V01.04.500 is the final firmware release for the Mavic Pro as the drone has been discontinued and is out of support.
Thank you iannes that certainly clears up my uncertainty on refresh, Iam not having any problems and hope I don’t in the future. I didn’t know that Dji wasn’t going to support the pro anymore even though it’s five years old from production I think? It makes me wonder if it’s worth buying any future droans in the future because of the regulations restriction, the locations to fly it and of course when you put a lot of money into a hobby and it falls out the sky with loss of control, it’s a lot of money wasted, more so when the company support tails of.
I suppose that’s technology it’s old when it hits the sales shelf. I was considering in purchasing a new one but I have a hard think about that one? Stay safe and keep healthy we still in lockdown haven’t flown done for two months????

Thank you iannes that certainly clears up my uncertainty on refresh, Iam not having any problems and hope I don’t in the future. I didn’t know that Dji wasn’t going to support the pro anymore even though it’s five years old from production I think? It makes me wonder if it’s worth buying any future droans in the future because of the regulations restriction, the locations to fly it and of course when you put a lot of money into a hobby and it falls out the sky with loss of control, it’s a lot of money wasted, more so when the company support tails of.
I suppose that’s technology it’s old when it hits the sales shelf. I was considering in purchasing a new one but I have a hard think about that one? Stay safe and keep healthy we still in lockdown haven’t flown done for two months????

I'm still flying my 4yr old MP and MPP, I'm finding them just as good as the new drones both use amplified antennas.
I don't think the incremental improvements in newer models really make a difference. The only real issue is battery longevity as my original batteries have been through many charge cycles and it's harder to get OEM replacements as they are not made by DJI anymore, eventually we'll have to use 3rd party batteries.

On the covid front Western Australia is like a quarantine fortress, we didn't have a case of community transmission for 10mths and positive cases were only coming from returning travelers, so we are all pretty safe, only recently we had a full 5 day state lock down when there was one case transmitted from hotel quarantine to the community.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60