DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO Android app crashing S8 plus

numloxx

Reactions
Version 4.0.7 keeps crashing. Tried the usual clear data, cache, uninstall reboot and reinstall but no luck.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 plus.

Am not a s7 in Nougat only few crashes not big deal

Crashes are not acceptable when you have $1000 in the air over terrain or water where you cannot recover. Or if you are using the FPV to fly through a scene close to things. And in Airplane mode you will certainly crash with no FPV. Just not acceptable.

I am using a note 4 with android 6.0.1 and never had one single crash. I also have a s7 edge with nougat that used to crash frequently but when i changed the screen resolution to 1920*1080 it stopped crashing. I am usualy using the note4 though it is bigger and better...

Version 4.0.7 keeps crashing. Tried the usual clear data, cache, uninstall reboot and reinstall but no luck.
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 plus.
Try using a file manager to manually delete the DJI folders after uninstall and prior to doing a reinstall.
This step is often missed and I have found it to well worth doing with Galaxy S7 edge when it was problematic with DJIGo. Miss this step you will not actually achieve a clean install.

I am using a note 4 with android 6.0.1 and never had one single crash. I also have a s7 edge with nougat that used to crash frequently but when i changed the screen resolution to 1920*1080 it stopped crashing. I am usualy using the note4 though it is bigger and better...

Are you changing screen resolution in some menu I have not found on the phone or some other menu in the DJI Go app I have not found.

Reactions: KostasNK
Are you changing screen resolution in some menu I have not found on the phone or some other menu in the DJI Go app I have not found.
I use a greek version of android. It is in the phone settings menu. From the top drop down bar select settings then something like appearance and in there you can see the resolution settings...

I use a greek version of android. It is in the phone settings menu. From the top drop down bar select settings then something like appearance and in there you can see the resolution settings...

Thanks I found it under display, however, I cannot change it unless I turn off high performance mode. Should all be moot soon when I sell my Phantom 3 S

I have an S8+ on Nougat 7.0. Latest firmware and version of GO 4 app. It has been faultless for the past couple of weeks now, with roughly 4 hours of flying time.

By comparison, I previously had an S7 Edge and it was riddled with crashes. It really knocked my confidence with the drone. The only thing really to have changed since then (other than the new phone) is a new firmware update, which I think was .900?

I don't have any particular settings or a ritualistic way of turning each device on or off. The screen is in quad HD and I allow Android to stretch the DJI app to full screen. I turn aeroplane mode on, clear all other apps and allow the app to run when I plug in the remote. Oh, I think I have USB debugging turned on as well.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11