DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO PANORAMA

JDG3K9

Reactions
Just tested out the new panorama feature for Mavic Pro. Used the spherical setting and it worked great!

I was able to capture a full 360 in about a minute, get it into MS ICE, cropped and up to Facebook all in under 30 mins.

I'm a new happy owner of a Mavic Pro and this weekend I flew for the first time. Was a little nervous at first, but everything went very well and I am satisfied.
To control it I'm using a Nexus 7 (2013) connected to the controller. When i disconnect wifi, bluetooth and put it in aeroplane mode it was stable and feels ok. (I have the latest firmware).

The only thing I have problem with is the new panorama feature.

I see the different panoram modes in the Go app and when I was up in the air I tried shot with the different modes available several times. It seemed to work when I watched the screen. The symbol at the shutter-button changed when i changed panorma mode.
I shot in raw + jpg. Both in normal and portrait mode.

But when came home and would transfer the pictures from the SD card to Lightroom, there were no panoramic pictures at all on the card!

So now I wonder if anyone has any idea why the panormas was not on the SD card?

The photos I shot normally and with exposure bracketing was on the sd-card, looks great and they i'm happy with.

The only thing I came to mind is that I set the gimbal settings so that it will move as smoothly as possible - when I'm going to fly next time I'll try other settings there.

Thankful for every input if someone now something that I more can try.

I'm a new happy owner of a Mavic Pro and this weekend I flew for the first time. Was a little nervous at first, but everything went very well and I am satisfied.
To control it I'm using a Nexus 7 (2013) connected to the controller. When i disconnect wifi, bluetooth and put it in aeroplane mode it was stable and feels ok. (I have the latest firmware).

The only thing I have problem with is the new panorama feature.

I see the different panoram modes in the Go app and when I was up in the air I tried shot with the different modes available several times. It seemed to work when I watched the screen. The symbol at the shutter-button changed when i changed panorma mode.
I shot in raw + jpg. Both in normal and portrait mode.

But when came home and would transfer the pictures from the SD card to Lightroom, there were no panoramic pictures at all on the card!

So now I wonder if anyone has any idea why the panormas was not on the SD card?

The photos I shot normally and with exposure bracketing was on the sd-card, looks great and they i'm happy with.

The only thing I came to mind is that I set the gimbal settings so that it will move as smoothly as possible - when I'm going to fly next time I'll try other settings there.

Thankful for every input if someone now something that I more can try.
When you import into Lightroom, you get the individual pictures. You can use Lightroom to merge the pictures into a panorama. In the devolop module the merge function is under the picture menu.

When you import into Lightroom, you get the individual pictures. You can use Lightroom to merge the pictures into a panorama. In the devolop module the merge function is under the picture menu.

Thankyou

I took the sd card out of the mavic, put it into my laptop and import to lightroom, in the same way as i usually do when I import from my another cameras. And I have there the photos I shot in normal photo mode and exposure bracketing mode.

But what is confusing me is that the panorama photos IS NOT on the sd card - so nothing to import.

Thankyou

I took the sd card out of the mavic, put it into my laptop and import to lightroom, in the same way as i usually do when I import from my another cameras. And I have there the photos I shot in normal photo mode and exposure bracketing mode.

But what is confusing me is that the panorama photos IS NOT on the sd card - so nothing to import.
If you are using a PC look at the SD card with File Explorer (or the Mac equivalent), there should be some panorama directories on the card. Each panorama shot is saved in its own sub-directory.

Just tested out the new panorama feature for Mavic Pro. Used the spherical setting and it worked great!

I was able to capture a full 360 in about a minute, get it into MS ICE, cropped and up to Facebook all in under 30 mins.

You don’t need to stitch it together if al you want to do is place it on Facebook. Simply copy the Pano from DJI app to your phone and then upload it to How to make 360 degree photo for facebook this will then format it correctly for full 360 interaction. Saves even more time.

If you are using a PC look at the SD card with File Explorer (or the Mac equivalent), there should be some panorama directories on the card. Each panorama shot is saved in its own sub-directory.

Thankyou, Yes, that's what my wife told me to also, she had read it somewhere. But there is no more folders on the card, have checked in explorer.
As soon as possible I will try again - change some settings with the gimbal that I have with very smooth movements now - and se if it's like you said that they are saved in another folder.

I will tell if i figure it out in a couple of days, maybe someone else have the problem also.

You don’t need to stitch it together if al you want to do is place it on Facebook. Simply copy the Pano from DJI app to your phone and then upload it to How to make 360 degree photo for facebook this will then format it correctly for full 360 interaction. Saves even more time.

Thankyou, yes that's kind of a solution, but i'm interested in to work with the raw files to be able to adjust the photos more. That's why I want to have them from the sd card and in to Lightroom.

The panorama works good whenever takes the pictures but lately whenever I click the button to take them it just says tap screen to begin and never begins, reguardless of if I touch the screen or not.

hi guys bit off the discussion but I'm currently trying to access the panorama mode but doesn't seam to be there? I'm running the most current version on AC and RC and i have no update required on my samsung but when i go into choosing pano mode the only option to select is single photo mode? any help would be ideal thanks

Hi guys. Does anyone know what the DJIGo4 Panorama layout is?

I have been having great success with it and processing the images through ICE. But every now and then I have a miss where ICE cannot successfully process the 34 images satisfactorily.

So I have been investigating all the alternative windows based panorama packages with a view to paying for one that can take over when ICE lets me down.

Had a look at play with PTGUI, Hugin, AutoStitch and Autopano. The latter perhaps being the highest rated. But even it struggles with some of the image sets I have. Most probably because I do not understand it though. So I was going to wade in to the kolor forums and seek some assistance there.

I though it might be useful to go in armed with the DJIGO4 pano schema though. I know it is 34 images. I think it takes 1 x nadir and then a 4 rows . The first being 1 x 6 and the latter 3 x 9. Does that sound about right?

I realise these stitching apps do all sorts of smart with control points. Just puzzled as to why they cannot be programmed with the capturing tools schema to assist with difficult shots though. Surely this would help. Thoughts?

A friend is using three rows of eight images per row plus 1 image for the sky or the ground but it would be great to know what DJI GO uses for it's spherical images

For anyone that used to use 360facebook.com to convert spherical images for Facebook the new site is NadirPatch.com make panorama photo for facebook I just tested it and it works just like the older site used to.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom