DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go update - delay in focus and C1/C2

jpbcx43

Reactions
So despite what I've read, I saw there was a DJI Go update on the iOS App Store last night - so I updated.

Went for a lunch time flight today - and I have my C1 button set to camera up / down, and the C2 button set to center focus.

When pressing on those buttons, there is a large delay in pressing the button and actually seeing something happen. Has anyone else noticed a delay since the app update?

Only thing I have not tried is a hard iPhone reset. (iPhone 7)

Cheers

So despite what I've read, I saw there was a DJI Go update on the iOS App Store last night - so I updated.

Went for a lunch time flight today - and I have my C1 button set to camera up / down, and the C2 button set to center focus.

When pressing on those buttons, there is a large delay in pressing the button and actually seeing something happen. Has anyone else noticed a delay since the app update?

Only thing I have not tried is a hard iPhone reset. (iPhone 7)

Cheers
What is the version to which you updated?

What is the version to which you updated?

After updating, I took a look around and had to change some of my settings back to the way they were. I also noticed the Mavic failed to focus, so I had to power it off and back on again.

Last edited:
I have the new App and just burned 2 batteries and all seemed fine but really wasn't looking for that issue but will . I'm using a ipad 7.9 .

Reactions: Bunny Too
I am on Android and I have that same issue. Actually when I first turn the app on it is sluggish. After you launch then I have a delay in everything except the video feed. I can restart the app and it gets better, but I have had to do that every single flight since I updated.
I once said I would just continue to update everything as new updates came out, but I am seriously thinking about rolling back the FW to .700 and then going back to the last version of the Go4. I have had all kinds of little issues with my MP after updating to .1000. I didn't notice them at first but after several weeks now and a couple of dozen flights, it just seems to be getting worse. The last really stable FW that I remember was .700 so I think that is where I am going.

I once said I would just continue to update everything as new updates came out, but I am seriously thinking about rolling back the FW to .700 and then going back to the last version of the Go4. I have had all kinds of little issues with my MP after updating to .1000. I didn't notice them at first but after several weeks now and a couple of dozen flights, it just seems to be getting worse. The last really stable FW that I remember was .700 so I think that is where I am going.

do-it.gif

Yep I am a renegade now. I rolled everything back last night to .700 and went back to an older version of Assistant 2. I haven't done a real test flight yet to make sure everything is good, but I did connect everything and run up the motors in the house. So maybe tonight I can get a chance to do a test flight. I am not really interested in changing all the parameters like some of the others have done. I don't need a Super Mavic to do all the aerial photography and video work, I just need something that is stable and works!

This was so funny because years ago I used to work in tech support at a software company and the first thing on the script was "reboot your computer". The second thing was "uninstall and reinstall". And in reality, neither of those things ever really did any good, it was just something we used to buy some time with the customer so we could have a programmer look into the issue and come up with something that might really work. So now when I have something that doesn't work I always do those two things first so if I end up having to call the Support folks I can just tell them I already did that. Which I have had one time that they said " I know you said you have done that already but let's just do that again and go through the steps together". To which I love to reply to them "I have watched the Titanic a dozen times and every time it always sinks". LOL

lol nice! I work in IT also.

So the uninstall and reinstall worked - and then it did it again!

I had to quit the app mid flight, then once I re-opened it, all is well again.

Lesson learned - read the change log first and determine if it’s worth the update.

Flew with my low noise platinum props tonight - they really are much much less annoying!!!! Cheers

One other thing I learned from the downgrade to .700 is when I upgraded to .1000 the MP got louder. It is back to normal now. So it makes me wonder if the new platinum props really do make it quieter or if it just takes it back to where it was before the upgrade. Has anyone tested the props with .400 or .700 and done a comparison?

One other thing I learned from the downgrade to .700 is when I upgraded to .1000 the MP got louder. It is back to normal now. So it makes me wonder if the new platinum props really do make it quieter or if it just takes it back to where it was before the upgrade. Has anyone tested the props with .400 or .700 and done a comparison?

This overview was done on .700 firmware:
Props shipped!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke