DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 Cache to SD Card

lungta

Reactions
Hi,
I have looked everywhere but I can not seem to find a proper explanation. I have an Android phone running DJI GO4 for my Mavic Pro Platinum. I would like to know how I can record and cache everything to my sd card in my phone instead of caching in my phone's storage.
When I check the option "cache locally when recording", everything is stored as it should on my phone's storage.
However, when I check the option to cache to my SD Card, it even shows a path for my storage, but nothing is recorded on it. The folder isn't even created.
Can someone explain this to me ?

Two spots down on the General Settings menu you will see: "Cache to SD Card". When you toggle that switch you will get a brief tutorial which is insanely confusing. Basically you have to select the root of the SD card and then GO 4 decides where the cache files go. I had to read it a number of times before it made sense. But then I'm something of a dope.

Yes, i have seen this setting. When I first toggled the switch, it asked me to select the root of my sd card, which I did. I even have the path underneath (storage/3235-3861/DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_RECORD). Like I said in my original post, I do not have this folder on my sd card. I have even tried to toggle the switch off and back on and also disabling the cache locally when recording but I have nothing.

Weird. It created the folder structure on mine and it's loaded with logs. Have you tried reinstalling GO 4? Maybe delete the folders and let it create a new structure. Do you have any part of the folder structure - like "...DJI" or "...DJI/dji,go,v4"?

I have a DJI folder with a dji go v4 and a DJI Record folder but no files in it. Same as logs. Nothing. On my phone's storage, everything is stored in a DJI Album which I do not have on my sd card. I tried deleting the folder and reinstalling the app but it doesn't work either.

Okay. What phone and version of Android are you running? Was the SD card already in the phone or is it a more recent addition? Where did you format the SD card? In the phone, a PC, used it out of the box, or somewhere else? What version of the app and firmware(s) are you using? When you uninstalled the GO 4 app did all of the folder structures (SD card and phone storage) go away?

I have a Samsung S7 Edge running Android verion 7.0 . No the Micro SD Card is a card I purchased and is recent and brand new. The card was formatted on my phone and never used elsewhere. I'm running the latest version of Dji Go 4 v4.1.18 and latest firmware on my mavic pro Platinum. After uninstalling, I manually deleted all the DJI folder, on my phone storage and on my micro sd card.

Here's my guess: It's the Samsung. Samsung is noted for adding all sorts of bloatware and background apps that do all sorts of things that 1) aren't obvious and 2) aren't well documented. I've had two Galaxy S3 phones and a Galaxy Tab S2 (first release) and a Galaxy Tab S2 (2016 release). All of them showed file system issues where some apps were just blocked from using the SD card. My new Tab S2 I removed the Samsung version of Android and installed LineageOS (same release cycle) and it's run GO 4 and Drone Harmony perfectly since. Before I did that it was completely unstable. I think the Samsung Knox security software gets in the way of a lot of what should be normal I/O operations but Knox is a total black box to users.

If you have an old phone running at least Kit-Kat give that a try (assuming it has SD support). Alternatively, get a dedicated device for the Mavic (search for Wunderphone on the forum for an inexpensive option), remove everything not related to the drone, and keep your S7 as your daily dialer.

Except for this issue, I've been running DJI GO 4 without any issues or crashes. I uninstalled Knox software as soon as I got the phone and as far as I know, Samsung removed it from the 7.0 update. I'd be curious to know if anyone is running a recent Samsung phone and saving to their micro sd card instead of the phone's storage.

Its seems to only work for me when i take the sd card out of the mavic itself then turn on cache to sd card and it does just that..

Its seems to only work for me when i take the sd card out of the mavic itself then turn on cache to sd card and it does just that..
I don't really get the point of this since all videos are stored in 720p on your phone and not on 4k like the micro sd on the mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman