DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 does not work with my new Android Galaxy Ultra s22

AlienDrone

Reactions
Greetings fellow pilots! I have reviewed existing discussions on this topic. It looks like the most recent post was around May, 2022. Does anyone have any new information? I just learned about this problem today when I called tech support. Based on what he told me, and what I see here, there doesn't seem to be much being done by DJI to get us back in the air. Can any of you offer any suggestions? Would Litchi give my Mavic 2 Zoom full functionality? Would an iPad with Wifi be a work around? Thank you!

Greetings fellow pilots! I have reviewed existing discussions on this topic. It looks like the most recent post was around May, 2022. Does anyone have any new information? I just learned about this problem today when I called tech support. Based on what he told me, and what I see here, there doesn't seem to be much being done by DJI to get us back in the air. Can any of you offer any suggestions? Would Litchi give my Mavic 2 Zoom full functionality? Would an iPad with Wifi be a work around? Thank you!
Have you downloaded the latest version of DJI Go 4 from DJI?
The latest version

Reactions: AlienDrone
Like Meta4 said, d/l the new Go4 app; but before you do that, delete the old one. I had the same problem. That fixed it.

I have v4.3.54 on my S22+ and it works flawlessly (it's an EU model with the Exynos chipset, which seems to be the main issue with recent Android phones). You need to sideload it, which needs "Install unknown apps" enabling in the app settings for your browser of choice or Samsung's "Files" app depending on how you prefer to download and open the .apk file. "Settings", "Apps", select the browser/Files, then scroll down to find the setting.

Download link

You would be better off using an older device (phone/tablet), the phone companies are not going to roll back their updates and DJI has no incentives to keep updating the Go 4 app, all of the drones that use the Go 4 app are not being supported by DJI. The last update for the Go4 app was to put the RID info in the software, nothing to make the app more compatible with newer phone updates (android especially). I use Apple 5th & 6th generation tablets for my Phantoms for mapping jobs and I have Crystalsky monitors also. You may want to look into getting a smart controller, prices are very low now days.

The latest version
Yes, and this time I received all the updates. I ran my calibrations. It's when a apply for a restricted area permit (I live in one) is when I run into account verification issues. Going to try another location.

You would be better off using an older device (phone/tablet), the phone companies are not going to roll back their updates and DJI has no incentives to keep updating the Go 4 app, all of the drones that use the Go 4 app are not being supported by DJI. The last update for the Go4 app was to put the RID info in the software, nothing to make the app more compatible with newer phone updates (android especially). I use Apple 5th & 6th generation tablets for my Phantoms for mapping jobs and I have Crystalsky monitors also. You may want to look into getting a smart controller, prices are very low now days.
I thought about a smart controller. I saw one at B&H for around $400. I believe it was not a DJI manufactured though. However, I have been dealing with B&H for decades, they have never sold me anything that failed to work with the equipment I have. Thank you for your advice!

The latest version
Update: I just successfully flew my M2 Zoom using my Galaxy s22 ultra. I had trouble earlier getting a certificate for a restricted area. My account info was never accepted. I moved to another area and everything went as it should.
I only flew for a few minutes, stayed low and close because the wind was crazy, but everything seemed to be working. Thanks to all of you for your help and advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas