DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 upgrade

Mymgb

Reactions
I have tried upgrading my MP to the latest software from the DJI app on my iPad Mini4. I used an OTG cord that I use when flying with battery,controller and iPad,controller and battery charged at 100%. It connected to the aircraft and I waited and waited for the download to start which never happened as the battery and controller battery went to zero. I am now recharging my battery and controller and will try to use the cable from DJI.

Does anyone know what the problem was? I have upgraded this way before and though it was very slow,it finally upgraded. The OTG cable should be good.

If I go to DJ assistant do I download to my Apple Mac and run the DMz Program to install if I can’t install from the controller through the iPad?

Word to wise, a download should never take an hour to start. If nothing happens in the first 120 seconds, chances are nothing will. With that being said, if you are a 2.4GHz Wifi network, the drone may have drowned out the signal between your phone and your router. If you have a 5 GHz band, connect to that and try again. If you don't, park your phone next the router and put the drone in a room about 10 feet away. That should help too.

Thanks for your contributions. Interestingly, I recharged the controller to approx 60%% and plug it all up again to see if I had any way to start the quad. So when doing so- I got a message that it was 46% downloaded. When I unplugged, it was 0 (zero) I can explain but let it do its thing where it finished downloading and installing. Hooray,! Want to fly tomorrow after strong winds have delayed my flying. Thanks Cyberpower, I will remember the 120 second rule and your suggestion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun