DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 vs. Litchi

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Heyya

This afternoon, I did another little fly over at our site.
Max distance about 250 meters and not higher then 45 meters
There are a lot of metal constructions (cranes, containers etc.)
First I used DJI GO 4. That went very well. Made some nice footage (4K) and some really sharp pics.
It is a little hazy outside but my white balance was set to "cloudy" and the rest basically automatic
When I did a RTH, I flew basically the same route with Litchi.
And that was not fun.
Quality is very poor (not of the footage), controls are sluggish and it just didn't feel right.
Between cranes, I stopped and switched back to DJI GO 4 to prevent worse.
I will do some more testing this weekend. Way point flying works fine although I have an issue with the gimbal settings.
I also will try DJI GS Pro vs Litchi. Same route etc
I'll keep you all posted

But for now, I use DJI GO 4.

Maybe this is a silly question, but why would anyone want to use Litchi instead of GO4?

GO4 has worked perfectly for me every time I fly. GO4 designed and updated by DJI, specifically for the Mavic. So what is the attraction to Litchi?

Litchi works better with way points. Also, you can make tracks in Google Earth (or gps tracks from Garmin Basecamp) and convert this info Litchi. But Sunday I'll try all of the above and get back to you

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: mcascone
Glitchi Litchi....
Maybe my tablet and phone is the issue but i get identical results on both.
FPV is easily lost and takes ages to resume if it resumes at all.
If Litchi was used the GO app fails to start and the device needs to be rebooted.
I have raised similar questions on various forums and told to do x, y & z or read this and that or go to other forums for assistance blah blah etc etc....
App should just work and not have users try and iron out bugs or figure out work-arounds.
The only good thing about Litchi is the ability to use goggles however since the app is so Glitchi i will not take a chance with any of my quads with it.

I don't know the reason for your problems but from my experience Litchi is absolutely reliable and has never frozen or crashed after many many flights in VR mode. In contrast I had several problems with the GO4 app, including a full fail of the USB connection on the remote's side, until the remote has been restarted.
Perhaps you should try switching your devices into airplane mode and closing all open applications before flight.
If you want to switch over from Litchi to GO4 or vice versa during flight with an Android device, first close the running app, then unplug and replug the USB cable and finally start the other app.

With all of the things that could go wrong, I don't understand why add another variable to the equation. Even if the Mavic has it's issues here and there, the one thing that seems to work rock-solid is the GO4 app.

And at least while my Mavic is still under warranty, I'm not using anything other than GO4. Maybe it's just me, but the risk is too high.

Reactions: motard
Just got myself a license of Autopilot.
Wow....
Need to start reading. But amazing what I have seen so far.
Some comparison will follow soon

Would people say the quality and reliability of Litchi has improved in the year since this thread went dark?

Would people say the quality and reliability of Litchi has improved in the year since this thread went dark?
I've never had any of those problems, but I have had some over the year and a half of using it. The main problem was the mission uploading but not starting, and the other was when I'd fly when the mission didn't start, i was greatly limited on height, distance and speed. After rebooting my iPad mini 4, everything worked fine.

I mainly use GO4 for regular flying, but Litchi for the virtual missions. Way point uploading has worked great every time for me. I've also flown manual with Litchi and never had a problem with my Mavic Pro or Spark. All using a Pixel XL 2 phone or Pixel C tablet. Both work fine with both. Litchi and GO4 both run like crap on my Nexus 7.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom