DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles 2019 Release?

FilDias

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I´ve planning for a while now to get the DJI RE goggles for both a Mavic Pro and a begginner FPV whooper just to have fun. However the DJI RE goggles were released more then a year ago (i think in November 2017). Does anyone know or have an educated guess on wheter DJI will be releasing an update / new version on teir Goggles or do you feel i should just get the RE version.
I´ve been reading the RE goggles are having problems with the new versions of Mavic 2.
Thank you

I hate to support a company that pretty blatantly hides from a design flaw but really, Ive not heard of any issues with the RE's on any other platform other than Mavic 2, that includes the analog FPV channels. So, Id wait if you can but Im somewhat doubtful DJI will ever 'admit' to the flaw. So you may be waiting for along time?

Good luck

Hi everyone,
I´ve planning for a while now to get the DJI RE goggles for both a Mavic Pro and a begginner FPV whooper just to have fun. However the DJI RE goggles were released more then a year ago (i think in November 2017). Does anyone know or have an educated guess on wheter DJI will be releasing an update / new version on teir Goggles or do you feel i should just get the RE version.
I´ve been reading the RE goggles are having problems with the new versions of Mavic 2.
Thank you

The Mavic 2 issues have been resolved with the latest firmware update. Not admission of guilt from DJI but they did fix it

The Mavic 2 issues have been resolved with the latest firmware update. Not admission of guilt from DJI but they did fix it
Really???

Is that the word on the grape vine or have you seen the results yourself? (Not trying to sound like a pr***!) Im just skeptical and have had my hopes up before, only to be dissspointed, so Id just like to know more.

If you dont mind, link to any videos or posts that you found that may help.

If this is so, and it didnt require any hardware changes on the Goggles RE, then man oh man, thst is greatttt news!

Thanks brett

Reactions: TR Ganey
Really???

Is that the word on the grape vine or have you seen the results yourself? (Not trying to sound like a pr***!) Im just skeptical and have had my hopes up before, only to be dissspointed, so Id just like to know more.

If this is so, and it didnt require any hardware changes on the Goggles RE, then man oh man, thst is greatttt news!

Thanks brett

Well to do your work for you I know of this recent thread Great News! M2P & Goggles RE: RANGE to 2783 ft! How? 4-24-19

There are others too

Really???

Thanks brett

Basically the goggles are a “slave remote.” It gets the video feed directly from the aircraft but any commands to the drone are relayed through the remote control. Previously the Mavic 2 did not support a slave remote. I’m more surprised it worked at all before then I am that it didn’t work well.

With the latest firmware update for Mavic 2 it received support for “dual remotes” aka master/slave remotes so therefore it received support for the DJI goggles. Frankly the mystery for me is how the goggles worked at all before that has me stumped.

Great News! M2P & Goggles RE: RANGE to 2783 ft! How? 4-24-19

2783ft is far from what I would call having the issue resolved. I do agree it is about 5X the distance that I get now but still not close to what it should be. The R.E. googles have been my biggest disappointment so far. Really wish I would have saved that money and spent in on extra batteries.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki