DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Took my Goggles to the Optometrist today. He updated my prescription then recommended I go with +4.00 over my distant vision correction (which is +3) for a total of +7.00. Based on some posts from this forum, I told him the focal length was probably close to 11 inches. The resulting glasses work great for me. I checked out the "heart of the envelope" focal length for my prescription and it turned out to be about 10.5 inches. Can't wait to go fly with them!

Reactions: MrsTreat
I ordered a set from Ebay today . best idea yet I think .
visormag | eBay
I bought the same reader glasses from amazon and then printed a mounting clip with my 3d printer. The clip is attached with double sided VHB tape. Noe the glasses just snap in & out for cleaning. See the attached pictures. This is a very simple and secure way to do it. Notice I cut off all of the parts not being used. I also read another post where a guy used a Neodymium Magnet to hold the glasses on. I thought this is another good idea.Here is the link to his post.
Glasses for Goggles

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • File_001.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • File_002.jpeg
    File_002.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 110
  • File_003.jpeg
    File_003.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
I bought the same reader glasses from amazon and then printed a mounting clip with my 3d printer. The clip is attached with double sided VHB tape. Noe the glasses just snap in & out for cleaning. See the attached pictures. This is a very simple and secure way to do it. Notice I cut off all of the parts not being used. I also read another post where a guy used a Neodymium Magnet to hold the glasses on. I thought this is another good idea.Here is the link to his post.
Glasses for Goggles
Hey! Good idea. Would it be possible to get the STL for the mount?

Just received my goggles. I wear progressives but take them off for reading. Lucky me, the Goggles are perfect without glasses only looking at the setup options. :) Waiting for my Mavic's return from DJI so I can actually try them out.

Glasses for Goggles

I don't have a 3d printer, could you make me one and send it for what you think it's worth?

I wear progressive and they don't for me. tried taking goggles to local eye glass store and tried reading glasses and nothing worked. The guy at the store seemed to think with an eye exam and the doctor knowing what I was looking to see and how close it was, he thought it was possible. Being 3.00 was the highest rated readers he had I tried an experiment at home, I tried putting my extra pair of progressive glasses in front of my regular pair of progressive glasses. It was a little foggy just looking out through them but when I put the goggles on I could see better than just a regular single prescription progressive glasses. So taking that lesson I stopped by Wal-Mart tonight and tried a pair of 3.00 reading glasses and put them in front of my progressive glasses and tried focusing on print 3-5' in front of me and no luck. Looks like I'll be getting an eye exam soon and some specialty glasses for drone flight. Now if I can just get them to stay on my head better and seal the air gaps around the bottom I'll be in business.

I also have progressive glasses and they do not work for me either so I took my goggles to CVS and started trying multiple readers none worked. Then I had and idea and tried but this time i put the readers on then put my progressive glasses over them. I found the combo of +1.50 readers worked. Now the screen is completely clear. BTW this was the first time I have flown FPV it was awesome.

DJI now have Corrective Lenses available that can be directly mounted onto the lens frames of DJI Goggles (both regular and racing editions), helping to correct hyperopia to see content more clearly. The recommended diopter is +1.0D higher than your prescription. For example, for a +2.0D diopter, +3.0D Goggles corrective lenses should be selected.

28fecfe107ec605e7701cfe5977d192c.jpg

Hi All; Many thanks for all the input and advice. I want to share the solution I found as it is right on the money!!! I found a company that does online eyeglasses - zennioptical.com. I sent them my recent prescription and they did the math (and I checked on that too) to translate to pure reading glasses, made the lenses, put them into a new frame and sent them to me - Cost = $6.99!! Yes, $6.99, plus a couple of dollars for shipping and a few ($9 I think) for harder than normal mounts due to plastic lens thickness.. I am only using these for the goggles, so no high end glass, coatings, treatments, fast shipping etc. The total cost of the deal was $21 - $22!!!!! I made sure the width was a little smaller than my "real" glasses etc and waited for delivery. I got them, in not very attractive plastic frames, but they WORK with the goggles - WooHoo!! So excited, ordering DJI goggles today/tomorrow from wherever!

Hi All; Many thanks for all the input and advice. I want to share the solution I found as it is right on the money!!! I found a company that does online eyeglasses - zennioptical.com. I sent them my recent prescription and they did the math (and I checked on that too) to translate to pure reading glasses, made the lenses, put them into a new frame and sent them to me - Cost = $6.99!! Yes, $6.99, plus a couple of dollars for shipping and a few ($9 I think) for harder than normal mounts due to plastic lens thickness.. I am only using these for the goggles, so no high end glass, coatings, treatments, fast shipping etc. The total cost of the deal was $21 - $22!!!!! I made sure the width was a little smaller than my "real" glasses etc and waited for delivery. I got them, in not very attractive plastic frames, but they WORK with the goggles - WooHoo!! So excited, ordering DJI goggles today/tomorrow from wherever!
I've had my goggles six months, I used + 2.5 reading glasses cut down and fitted inside. Last week I bought the DJI corrective lenses (+3.5). Goggles are now perfect, as they are DJI corrective lenses they fit perfect. NOW finally very Happy with my goggles.

I used my DJI credit, so they costed less than £15 delivered. 3 days delivery.

978033812c630327551f964a390e9470.jpg

Last edited:
I keep getting the message that the lenses are not available in my country and the chat with DJI said the same thing. These lenses are not available in the US?

Thanks for the great ideas. I think that that goggles can be worn with the prescription glasses. Whereas prescription glasses are and will continue to be one of the basic approaches to vision correction. One of my colleagues suggested me to browse around here to have the best quality prescription glasses to improve the vision.

I did some more searching and guess what I found............someone has posted the print files on Thingiverse to make focus fixers. I printed them and they fit perfect. I need to determine what diopter I need to focus at 9" and get a pair of reading glasses big enough to cut to fit. I was just using a pair of 2.75 reading glasses but upon someones post tried using them in conjunction with my glasses and it is almost perfect. My wife tried them with her cataract replaced lenses and found them to be near perfect also. I am thinking it is almost universal for us old folks that 3.0 is probably just right. If I could find 5.25 that would probably work without my glasses. At least now I know what I am looking for - focus at 9". OR you can buy FOCUSFIXERS for $49.00.

I wear glasses all my life (myopia). Recently I've bought the Goggles RE and I can comfortably use the Goggles with my prescription glasses for reading.

I wear glasses all my life (myopia). Recently I've bought the Goggles RE and I can comfortably use the Goggles with my prescription glasses for reading.
you may not realize how sharp the RE can be unless you try placing a pair of 3.0 reading glasses over your prescription glasses.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf