DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wearing glasses with the Avata 2 type goggles (Goggles 3 I think...)

finity

Reactions
I've never flown any type of FPV and the new Avata 2 looks very enticing. :)

But I wear glasses and have a fairly strong + (far sighted) prescription so there's no way that using the goggles without corrective lenses of some type will be possible. My understanding is that there is a small + correction in the built-in lenses but not nearly enough for me.

So now to the questions.

Is it possible to wear the goggles while also wearing regular glasses? Mine aren't anything big but they are about the same width as my face including the temples.

Does anyone sell any aftermarket corrective lenses for the goggles 3 and if so how does that work?

Thanks for any info.

Is it possible to wear the goggles while also wearing regular glasses?
No

Does anyone sell any aftermarket corrective lenses for the goggles 3 and if so how does that work?
From the DJI Goggles 3 FAQ:

"DJI Goggles 3 comes with a built-in diopter adjustment function, convenient for users from -6.0 D to +2.0 D dioptors. For those outside this range, you can use the combination of the included -2.0 D lenses and frames.

If you require astigmatism correction, or if the built-in adjustment provided lenses are unsuitable, you can purchase additional lenses from an optician and fit them to the goggles."

Reactions: Cafguy and finity
you can purchase additional lenses from an optician and fit them to the goggles."

Any idea who would or how to do something like that?

I'm not sure an average optician would know what would be necessary either since I'm sure it's a fairly niche market. But I could be wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe it's time to try contact lenses again. 😆

Reactions: Cafguy
I'm not sure an average optician would know what would be necessary either
Sounds like a fair statement.

I don't know from personal experience since I'm able to fly with contacts or without along with the built-in adjustments.

Reactions: finity
Any idea who would or how to do something like that?

I'm not sure an average optician would know what would be necessary either since I'm sure it's a fairly niche market. But I could be wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe it's time to try contact lenses again. 😆
there are sites online that will make them to you they are kinda pricey BUT you wont regret it . I used to try with my glasses and I could get the goggles on but it was very annoying. and I couldnt last more than a few min.

Reactions: finity
I used HonsVR, and am very happy with the result.

Delighted to find the round frames that hold the lenses is identical in the Goggles Integra and Goggles 3, so my lenses from the integra will work just fine in the 3 when it comes.

Reactions: Krrr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga