DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles and Litchi at the same time?

Budge

Reactions
I started using Litchi with some inexpensive VR Box goggles, but now I have the DJI goggles on order. It would be nice to fly with the DJI goggles and let someone else "come along" with the Litchi app and the VR Box goggles. Is that possible? Maybe if I turned off headtracking in the Litchi app?

It is possible but be aware that the DJI Goggles overwrite button assignments made within Litchi. So, e.g. for leaving the Litchi VR mode you cannot just press a button as you are used to, but need to remove the phone from the VR goggles and leave VR mode via the screen menu.
And forget about Litchi head tracking. If you want to use it, then use it from the DJI Goggles. Much more smooth and lag-free.

Thank you. Just to clarify, I only want to use Litchi (with a cheap VR headset) when someone else wants to watch me fly while I'm using the DJI goggles. I want to be sure that the Litchi app will not interfere with the Mavic or DJI Goggle controls while in flight.

No problem. I am running Litchi most times when flying with the DJI Goggles, but in normal mode. Just because it is much more stable on Android compared to GO4.

So frustrating! I tried to use Litchi for the first time this evening at sunset. I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why the app could not find the Mavic. Turns out I had to unplug the normal cable from the controller (even though it wasn't connected to my phone) whenever I want to use the full sized USB with a long cable. Then, I could not get a good image with my VR Box goggles. Then, I could not figure out how to use Litchi. I lost the light and had to come home.

It's a well-known fact since the very beginning, that the side cable needs to be unplugged if the rear port shall be used.
Not a Litchi problem.
And I would propose you should test and setup your environment at home prior to flying.

Thank you. I hadn't read that about unplugging the side port. And you are correct...I should have read the Litchi manual and played with that setup at home. I should start a new thread with all of the mistakes I'm making to help other new pilots. :)

It's a well-known fact since the very beginning, that the side cable needs to be unplugged if the rear port shall be used.
Not a Litchi problem.
And I would propose you should test and setup your environment at home prior to flying.
Hi GerdS, Can you tell me more about using Litchi program with DJI goggles? My goggles will be here tomorrow and my Mavic Pro back from repairs not much later. Have you been able to run waypoints with the combo? Thanks.

You must be aware that the Goggles run a stripped-sdown version of the GO app independently from what app is running on your mobile device. The Googles will also override button definitions for your remote, so the assignments made via Litchi will not work if the Goggles are connected. I rarely use waypoints but think there is no problem if you will start and control waypoint flying via your mobile device and use the Goggles just as an additional viewing device with head-tracking functions disabled.

You must be aware that the Goggles run a stripped-sdown version of the GO app independently from what app is running on your mobile device. The Googles will also override button definitions for your remote, so the assignments made via Litchi will not work if the Goggles are connected. I rarely use waypoints but think there is no problem if you will start and control waypoint flying via your mobile device and use the Goggles just as an additional viewing device with head-tracking functions disabled.
Thanks,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78