DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI has just released MSDK with support for the Mini 3 Pro and Mini 3

DJI has written explicitly that they do not intend to move forward with iOS MSDK support for these two (and apparently various other) devices. That appears to be their stance for now, anyway - Android only.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
The buring question for me. . . Is there going to be a way to get a third party app onto the RC remote!??? Mavin is a cool app, gps tracking, cable cam. . . Home icon on screen real time. . . I wish I could use it. Even the air2s had it but that firmware update ended its use there too! Anyone know if these things can be fixed?
I updated the air2S so I could use it with the RC remote and have one rc for both the mini 3pro and air2S and that went south too! An update is needed to switch between the two birds and shooting in remote places doesn’t allow for that. . . So all I got was the loss of the Mavin app on the 2S.. Thank-you DJI, great progress!

I'm not going to say "never" in relation to the RC remote, but it at least seems unlikely that significant third party drone-related flying (other than DJI's own Fly) apps will ever run there in a practical way, because it's significantly resource constrained.

I'm not going to say "never" in relation to the RC remote, but it at least seems unlikely that significant third party drone-related flying (other than DJI's own Fly) apps will ever run there in a practical way, because it's significantly
The buring question for me. . . Is there going to be a way to get a third party app onto the RC remote!??? Mavin is a cool app, gps tracking, cable cam. . . Home icon on screen real time. . . I wish I could use it. Even the air2s had it but that firmware update ended its use there too! Anyone know if these things can be fixed?
I updated the air2S so I could use it with the RC remote and have one rc for both the mini 3pro and air2S and that went south too! An update is needed to switch between the two birds and shooting in remote places doesn’t allow for that. . . So all I got was the loss of the Mavin app on the 2S.. Thank-you DJI, great progress!
Hi, in your post you mentioned using one controller for your A2S and M3P, but need wifi to switch drones between one controller. I’m in remote location a lot and haven’t had an issue switching between then. As long as you bind each drone to the DJI RC and your DJI account while you have an interest connection you can switch between drones anytime as the files used to “update the firmware “ are stored on the controller.

I seriously doubt that the RC will get third party apps. It BARELY manages the Fly app. And not with several parameters being used. Read this -

Here is the response from DJI Wanda and a link to the whole thread -
"In your case, you enable Focus Peaking, recording, and screen-recording, three functions in total at the same time.
It will make the DJI RC overload so that it can not process it smoothly.
As we said, DJI RC has limited processing capacity compared to DJI RC Pro.
The DJI RC Pro processor has a robust performance and a large storage capacity and supports the installation of third-party apps. The DJI RC, however, does not.
Therefore, it is not a global issue from my perspective."
Does RC screen stutter with focus peaking active?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661