DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Just announced issue with Manuafacturing

NorthEastJohn

Reactions
Just received this from DJI. Says they had a 1 week set back in manufacturing and that any order submitted prior to Nov 3 should be received withing the next 8 weeks !#$#@!#$

trans.gif

Dear DJI Customer,

We owe you an apology for our delays in delivering the new Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our order process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

When we announced Mavic Pro and began accepting pre-orders, we expected to deliver the first units in mid-October. However, ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned. Prior to our scheduled shipping target, we encountered an issue integrating a part into the Mavic Pro. We resolved that within a week. On top of that, the excitement for the Mavic Pro beat our expectations. As a result, we are working diligently to ramp up production to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.

We have been shipping for nearly two weeks, but even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many orders moving through various global sales channels because of this demand. For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.

Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider.

DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get Mavic Pro to you as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

DJI

i got sept 28th order date, hopefully i'm within the next few days.

These dates seem to be pushed back a couple of weeks every other day :mad:

There hasn't been an official comment from DJI in well over a week until now

There's nothing we can do besides wait and see

One week? I consider that great - after many companies ended up being a year or 6 months late!

I think the demand is what is crazy. I have been following this industry for 4 years and have never seen anything like this. Add up the regular orders to the Holiday demand and it's nuts!

I think at this point DJI would do well to catch up by New Years.
(Not to brag - but I have my Mavic...but if I didn't, I'd use my P4 and be patient).

The demand really does seem to be quite high. They have a hit on their hands.. it's hard to argue with the size/feature set though.

"Some of you waiting for your Mavic Pro also expressed concern about our immediate billing of pre-orders. We've heard you and are examining potential alternatives with our payment provider."

That is encouraging. Given that delivery of my order is probably at least another month out (after a month of waiting) and I'm not comfortable going past my credit card dispute period so I was about to cancel my order and wait for a US vendor to come though. If DJI would make some arrangement I would reconsider canceling, however given how slow their gears work I doubt they will announce a decision in time.

The demand really does seem to be quite high. They have a hit on their hands.. it's hard to argue with the size/feature set though.
I'm sure a LOT of people are ordering it without knowing or caring about the features - it has to be the top example of "tech" available this holiday season.

It's amazing how people will line up to be the first to have magic in their hands. Every man (and woman) a King. I love modern times!

This was inevitable with all the orders rushing in.. hopefully quality control is not effected.. "seven to eight weeks" ouch.... I ordered from them 30th Sept... Lets also hope their payment processors do not double charge the pre-orders.. as they plan to address the concerns some had with the full payment received by them..

Hats off to them for keeping everyone in the loop. I don't know any company that would send an email update like that regarding their manufacturing.

Reactions: DesJardins
Hats off to them for keeping everyone in the loop. I don't know any company that would send an email update like that regarding their manufacturing.
Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns.. (which it isn't part of)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98