DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Lost Mavick Mini - light wind - experienced pilot

ServiceM8

Reactions
So I suppose I should wait in line for a solution - I too lost MavicMin Relatively short range flight. I used the Mavic Air for over year before flyaway? So what is the recourse - if you lost your MavicMini with no beacon .. in light wind. I’m an experienced pilot - and I was well within range- the wind literally carried it out away- and it felt like it wasn’t even attempting to fly into...so I went further out with the wind- at that point ... this was less than than 5 min into flight..gust of wind carried it and never recovered - low altitude flight- I think first batch users should be warned .if this is a known issue in wind - I would not have even attempted to fly - it is an incredible toy- I think this may be a way to get consumers to by another? Not cool I hope they reach out or are able to send replacement- excersise extreme caution when flying in any type of wind. Like a beach - you will loose the Mini- I hope they can figure outta solution - it really works well- but not if you loose forever after 5 flights. No signal ? To find lost - DJI GUYS- please install backup battery -small - putting off last known signal fir no less than 5 hours - the signal was lost and no trace after that - I think it’s in the flight software - it literally gave up fighting wind and ignored controller - including option to return home- it has enough sensors on board I would hope ..I’m hoping to hear back if they plan on replacing - I ordered directly thru them- took 8 weeks almost - I’ll post an update on DJI response

Reactions: m80116
And?.......Flight Logs to verify??

Reactions: slup and mastix
If all else fails, simply land it. Worst case scenario, you have to either claim it back on DJI care, or go and knock on someones door and politely ask to retrieve your drone from their property.
If you had only been flying it for 5 minutes, it could possibly have traveled for 5+ km until it found its final resting place.

For 600 AUD, I would chase after that thing so i at least have an idea of where it landed.

I'm thinking like ZYKA and XSPWHITE have said "land it"..try to keep a landing spot in mind. I know that is not always possible. You have to use the camera view in most cases. Line of sight with the drone doesn't have to tell you what's directly below..or in the case of drift..whats beyond. Personally, I feel something is amiss with the Mavic Mini.

So what happened, looks like you just crashed it hey bro. I mean how can it so violently change its orientation? wind would have to be very very hectic for that rate of change! :)

I'm super careful with my Mavic Mini, I really really love my baby drone, its my very first one and thins thing is absolutely awesome! I use UAV Forecast, an Android application on my phone and I've set 29 km/h as the maximum speed the mini can fly in, like it says in the manual. I've set this 29 km/h at 200m height, cz I fly below that always - way below that, like at 120m max! I've never even had to fight the wind! When the app says "Good to Fly" - I can literally zip around the area like a real king of the skies!!!

I hope that you get your Mavic Mini back or fixed or even a new one if you have to. I have DJI Care Refresh - but I guess I can't loose the drone if I wanna make use of Care Refresh!

Anyway, My Mavic Mini is just the best lil flying buddy I've ever had! Such a stable a high quality 2.7K video that I'm blown away, its crystal clear picture!

Sweet

PS: After work I'm gonna fly almost for sure, just gotta hope that there is no fog, else I'll be grounded. I don't fly in fog, not sure why but don't wanna risk loosing my beloved Mini!

That was a good read. It's great hearing enthusiastic excitement! I'm glad you have so much fun with your drone my friend, and I hope it brings you many more happy flights to come ??

Thanks for pointing out your ideas @ServiceM8

Sorry for your loss. If MM had a beacon for even 2 hours after I've lost contact with it I am sure I could have found it. I believe DJI is capitalizing on its own deficiencies, the drone is a little marvel if it only could perform properly and not have this kind of trickery built in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69