DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI M2 FPV function?

No. There is actually no DJI app around supporting VR mode, not just for the Mini 2 but same for all DJI drones.

The only chance is using a third-party app such as Litchi. The actual Litchi beta suppoirts the Mavic Mini 1, but as Litchi depends on the DJI SDK they cannot support the Mini 2 until DJI will release a new SDK with Mini 2 support. For the Mini 1 this took about 6 months and even the Air 2 is not supported yet.

Reactions: Bruchpilot
what about the fpv headsets they sell? they work with many dji drones. so no dji drones have fpv is incorrect.
These are self-contained headsets, no cardboard style VR headsets where you have to insert your phone with an app supporting screen-splitting such as e.g. Litchi.

The white and Race Edition goggles are based on a built-in stripped-down version of DJI GO4 and therefore not compatible with drones based on the Fly app. They just work with Mavic Pro/Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, not even with the Mavic 2 Enterprise.
Ok, there is one option by using the smart controller and connecting the goggles via HDMI, then they will work with the Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic Air 2, too.

The newer DJI fpv goggles work with no actual DJI drone, but just with their corresponding air unit (or the stripped down Caddx Vista) which has to be built into a third-party fpv copter by yourself or a third-party vendor.

Sorry i think you misunderstand me i was answering the point about "no dji drones have fpv"
DJI does sell FPV headsets. They have three two white ones and the goggles.

FPV stands for First Person View. They have three headsets that do that (just apparently not with this specific model). The question is if it works with the M2 which I didn't know hence being on this thread to see what people said.

Thats unfortunate that my headset wont work with the Mini 2. I was hoping it would work considering the m2 now uses ocusync.

There are almost no single-lens phone goggles on the market and the image quality of these cannot be compared with that of real goggles, there are worlds between.
Have used such goggles for my Mini 1, but as soon as Litchi released Mini 1 support I retired them and prefer using real VR goggles with optimised sceen overlay for FPV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu