DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Classic out now

Anyone have an idea when they’ll actually sell/ship the drone only? For now you can only “reserve” and support wouldn’t give me an idea other than to say that the initial inventory was reserved for the kits.

I think DJI should have just lowered the price of the M3 rather than releasing a whole new model less the telelense. It's already a year old and due for price reduction? Surely the tele lense isn't worth more than a couple of bucks at best? That's about the only feature that's sets the two apart and I don't think it warrants a $300+ price difference.

I had ordered mine yesterday from B & H , was suppose to get it by the 8th. It surprisingly came in today the 5th. The battery charging USB-c adapter is missing, forced to charge with the battery on the drone. Taking awfully long so after 2 1/2 to 3 hours later I disconnected the battery with 3 bars only. Some thing fishy here !
What's missing is a 50 cents USB-C adapter to battery terminal that comes with the DJI Air 2 S.
Without that adapter you can't fly even tho you have additional batteries but some need charging.

The charger had two USB-C cables so I switched and put the second battery on the drone 31 minutes later its blinking 3 bars, now. The second battery charged in 1 hour 12 minutes.

Nov 6th Morning Majestic Sunrise with DJI Mavic 3 Classic. She behaved like a " Lady "
I could zoon-in the image even 200% in Photoshop, you bet DJI is working diligently to help improve their quality and before you could mention they give you firmware updates to help !

Those pictures are between 4 to 5 pictures manually done and Free Microsoft ICE does a great job stitching them !

Attachments

• DSC_6854 copy.jpg
    DSC_6854 copy.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Sm Sat 71 1 to 5 stitch DJI_0001_stitch.jpg
    Sm Sat 71 1 to 5 stitch DJI_0001_stitch.jpg
    985.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Sm Sat 71 20 to 23 stitch DJI_0020_stitch.jpg
    Sm Sat 71 20 to 23 stitch DJI_0020_stitch.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • Sm Sat 71 DJI_0039.jpg
    Sm Sat 71 DJI_0039.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Anyone have an idea when they’ll actually sell/ship the drone only? For now you can only “reserve” and support wouldn’t give me an idea other than to say that the initial inventory was reserved for the kits.
Unaware of a new issue, I was surprised yesterday to see the Mavic 3 Classic at a Best Buy store in Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

Some questions about the new Mavic 3 Classic:
Does the DJI RC Remote Controller has a HDMI output?
Does it have Remote ID activated?

I think DJI should have just lowered the price of the M3 rather than releasing a whole new model less the telelense. It's already a year old and due for price reduction? Surely the tele lense isn't worth more than a couple of bucks at best? That's about the only feature that's sets the two apart and I don't think it warrants a $300+ price difference.
Lowered the price? After all these people already paid x amount of $$ on a device just barely a year old? No, that's not really an option.

If you have used the tele then you would know its worth every penny.

Last edited:
Lowered the price? After all these people already paid x amount of $$ on a device just barely a year old? No, that's not really an option.

If you have used the tele then you would know its worth every penny.
That's the nature of technology mate, prices go down over time. News stuff comes out and puts even further downward pressure on price. DJI is not exempt from this.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Wow, wow, and triple wow!

I will now ramble.......

What a bird! Out of the box the sticks are just sweet per my preference. Plenty of room before everything just races off. The M43, Dlog, 13 stop DR, 10 bit 2.65 goodness is pure eye candy. Takes a minute in Davinci Resolve to bring it out but wow it's a joy to see it develop before my eyes. It came up and grabbed a ton of satellites in a heart beat. Much greater travel distance than my MP2 as well. I am in love with cruse control. Just steer the thing and look around. That was my first flight. I've got a ton of things to try yet obviously but I am very impressed at this point. Off to buy refresh. I just wish I had tomorrow off. Oh well, something to day dream about at work.
LOL man you are such a great poet. I register my account only to hit your like button.

• Haha
Reactions: SmilingOgre
That's the nature of technology mate, prices go down over time. News stuff comes out and puts even further downward pressure on price. DJI is not exempt from this.
Yeah but if so a large number of people would keep waiting until a great discount, which is not ideal for those companies.
Maybe prices going down in second hand market makes more sense,

The best thing about the Mavic 3 is the zoom lens?
For me it is. I wish it was 20x. Worst thing it the (Mod Removed Language)stock remote it comes with. Also, I wish it would work with the dongle in other countries beside china. They misled us on that. To me, the range doesn't seem that much better, than the original mavic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hauptmann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929