DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mavic air 2 propellers

Apo1991

Reactions
hi everyone just wanted your help on this
Took my mavic air 2 out earlier i normally check the propellers before take off but didn't this time so when I tried taking off it lifted off maybe enough for my finger to fit through the gap and stopped and on the screen it said failed due to wrong propeller insulation fittings. It flys fine and takes off fine but my worry was will that damage the motor ? Although I can't see anything anywhere. Will it be fine i am a bit over the top maybe but better to check.

Took my mavic air 2 out earlier i normally check the propellers before take off but didn't this time so when I tried taking off it lifted off maybe enough for my finger to fit through the gap and stopped and on the screen it said failed due to wrong propeller insulation fittings. It flys fine and takes off fine but my worry was will that damage the motor ? Although I can't see anything anywhere. Will it be fine i am a bit over the top maybe but better to check.
welcome to the forum,are you aware that although the props will fit on to any motor ,due to a design change from DJI that you do need to make sure that you have them on the correct pair of motors sound like you could have got them mixed up

Reactions: pelagic_one
Yeah, these props aren't like other DJI drones. Even though they are color coded they will fit on any arm. You need to check and make sure that silver is on silver and black is on black.

welcome to the forum,are you aware that although the props will fit on to any motor ,due to a design change from DJI that you do need to make sure that you have them on the correct pair of motors sound like you could have got them mixed up
Yeah I normally check them i am very careful but don't know what I was thinking earlier. Don't think it harmed the motor did it?

Reactions: old man mavic
Yeah, these props aren't like other DJI drones. Even though they are color coded they will fit on any arm. You need to check and make sure that silver is on silver and black is on black.
Yeah I normally check them i am very careful but don't know what I was thinking earlier. Don't think it harmed the motor did it?

Your post is contradictory. You state it failed on take off yet it flies fine and takes off fine.

Yes I was just wondering will things like that harm anything inside the drones motor ?
it will not have harmed the motor ,try and word your posts a bit better next time ,i believe what you meant to say was, after it failed to take off you then realised your mistake, and after changing the props to the correct motors, it then flew fine is that correct

Reactions: pelagic_one
it will not have harmed the motor ,try and word your posts a bit better next time ,i believe what you meant to say was, after it failed to take off you then realised your mistake, and after changing the props to the correct motors, it then flew fine is that correct
That's it you got it. Sorry it's just i am new on here. I was just worried i might caused damage or something as I paid £950 and I don't want to damage it aha. But you made me feel better now thanks

Your fine man just pay attention it's very important some drones will flip violently and destroy themselves if you install them wrong. Sucks Dji won the lawsuit and they did not need to change the props.

just before take off I keep getting the prop check message. Never used to happen. I did have a fall a meter off the ground as I was flying inverted. Drone seems fine no obvious damage apart from a scuff but it seems to be happening now since the accident. Anyone know if there is a fault?This was before the most recent update. Early last month to be precise. Help anyone.

Last edited:

Sounds like you remove the props after every flying session which is unnecessary and probably overkill.

Any reason why?

Last edited:
just before take off I keep getting the prop check message. Never used to happen. I did have a fall a meter off the ground as I was flying inverted. Drone seems fine not obvious damage apart from a scuff but it seems to be happening now since the accident.
"Flying inverted"? :oops: How so??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d