DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air - IMU Replacement - Main controller data error

leoniemann

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping someone can help out, as it seems to be quite a common issue with the Mavic Air.

So, I went to fly one day and I started getting the dreaded main controller data error. I was unable to calibrate the IMU, take off was out of the question. After doing some research, I tried everything, putting the AC in the freezer and trying the IMU calibration, tapping the front of the AC, factory reset, update firmware, and most recently, I have fully replaced the IMU.

Turned the drone on... same error :confused:

I've searched online what else could be the issue, but I don't want to go ahead and buy any more parts until I know what the issue is. Has anyone else had the same issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Please help!!

?

I had the same issue after a drop last fall. I was about to replace the IMU, but instead opted to open it up to see what was inside. Since I was about to order one anyway, I put it all back together and miraculously the dang thing fired up. I didn't even have to calibrate it! To this day, I have no idea what the issue was. Best guess is a loose connector but who really knows. Gremlins? Best of luck. I hope you get it working.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121