DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air notifications problems

Samantha21

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have my DJI Mavic air lost control and felt down in the sea, managed to get it out from the salt water around half and hour.
After I wash it with normal tap water and use a blow dryer and left it to dry completely in the sun for 3 days.
I switched in on and I m having these notifications and not be able to fly it. Anyone have any idea/assist how I can fix it ???

Attachments

• received_693790971044258.jpeg
    received_693790971044258.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 58
  • received_613792119128633.jpeg
    received_613792119128633.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 59
  • received_2360815433979104.jpeg
    received_2360815433979104.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 54
Probably will need to be repaired. Possibly the battery is not going to be usable.

Exactly what happens to mine.

Crashed, fell into sea (salt water)
After drying up, it indicates ESC error.
Tried rebooting, and troubleshoot using dji assistance to bo avai.
Sent for repair, mention one of the arm need to replace.

Anyway batt that went down with ac was gone. Totally no more lights and i press the button. Was slightly bloated up

Hello everyone, I have my DJI Mavic air lost control and felt down in the sea, managed to get it out from the salt water around half and hour.
After I wash it with normal tap water and use a blow dryer and left it to dry completely in the sun for 3 days.
I switched in on and I m having these notifications and not be able to fly it. Anyone have any idea/assist how I can fix it ???
With salt water, I would say it is a lost cause (in general). For one, definitely do NOT use the battery.

Even if you did wash it out, it is very difficult to get all of the salt out. Even if you get it to power up, chances are good that you will end up getting corrosion later.

Rinsing in plain water will not fully clean out the salt contamination. To have a good chance at it you would need to fully disassemble all components and remove all cable connections. Submerge in isopropyl alcohol and scrub with a fine brush. Then dry out thoroughly. Examine all cable connections for any sign of salt, corrosion, or other damage. Re-assemble and hope for the best.

With salt water, I would say it is a lost cause (in general). For one, definitely do NOT use the battery.

Even if you did wash it out, it is very difficult to get all of the salt out. Even if you get it to power up, chances are good that you will end up getting corrosion later.

Rinsing in plain water will not fully clean out the salt contamination. To have a good chance at it you would need to fully disassemble all components and remove all cable connections. Submerge in isopropyl alcohol and scrub with a fine brush. Then dry out thoroughly. Examine all cable connections for any sign of salt, corrosion, or other damage. Re-assemble and hope for the best.

Salt water is a monster but this is the way forward. If you have good hands and proper tools it's the only way to see what's wrong, definitely all connectors need to be inspected.

I have used some CLR in the past to remove scale deposits as well.
The battery signal pins are the middle 2 so make sure those are cleaned off as well.

Can I ask how it fell in sea? Were you flying low? Did drone malfunction? Strong winds?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS