DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Air or combo

josecarlosss

Reactions
Hi there, is it worth to buy only the mavic air with the price of £663 ? or to find the combo one? if i buy the 3 batteries, the charger and the extra propels, isnt better? or not?

Thanks
Jose

I found it more cost effective to buy the Mavic Air with controller then get batteries separate. The combo comes with a lot of fluff that I won't use.

fly more combo comes with some useful things like charging dock and shoulder bag for carrying everything with you. I think it's cheaper than buying all the stuff separately.

Mavic Air with just a controller, one battery, remote and charging adapter for 1 battery is around $900 and fly more combo is around $1150.

Additional two batteries, charging dock and shoulder bag purchased separately is around $350 so in total with basic set it's around $100 more than fly more combo (not including additional set of propellers and some other stuff like cables etc.).

Depends on what do you need actually. So if one battery is enough for you, then basic package will be just ok.

Reactions: Dan C
I think batteries and the charging dock is the most important for me. Maybe the propels and some cables are important too but I think you can buy them separately. But i saw 1 battery cost about £65-£80

The battery dock has a cost of £30 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yangers-Ch...charging+dock&qid=1568194389&s=gateway&sr=8-3

and as i can see a battery like that cost £65 DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for The Mavic Air - Onyx: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

so i think that maybe the combo is worth much better than the simple mavic air.

I think batteries and the charging dock is the most important for me. Maybe the propels and some cables are important too but I think you can buy them separately. But i saw 1 battery cost about £65-£80

The battery dock has a cost of £30 Yangers DJI Mavic Air Charging Hub Dock, 4 in 1 Multi Batteries Charger Dock Station, Smart Rapid Balance Charger Manager 4 Mavic Air Flight Batteries (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

and as i can see a battery like that cost £65 DJI Intelligent Flight Battery for The Mavic Air - Onyx: Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

Go combo best value for money, try Drones Direct in Yorkshire, you can collect from the shop and ask loads of questions, very helpful team.

Combo was the best value for the money for me. I've bought 3 additional batteries for a total of 6 direct from DJI- they were the best price on them and free shipping. Charging dock is a must in my case since it takes 53 min/battery to charge.

The battery dock has a cost of £30 Yangers DJI Mavic Air Charging Hub Dock, 4 in 1 Multi Batteries Charger Dock Station, Smart Rapid Balance Charger Manager 4 Mavic Air Flight Batteries (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Amazon.co.uk:

That's what I did. And I bought a hard case that's bigger than the Fly More bag you get. It can hold the drone, four batteries, the charging station, the controller (with joysticks still attached), plus my ND filters, cables, and spare propellers. And the charging stastion can charge four... so I also bought a fourth battery. Now I have a little over an hour of flying time without ever risking draining my batteries. Then I go home and charge all four batteries, the controller, my iPhone, all at the same time.

I'm loving it. Everything I need to fly, except my phone, is in that case. Only have to remember one item, and it's all well protected.

That's what I did. And I bought a hard case that's bigger than the Fly More bag you get. It can hold the drone, four batteries, the charging station, the controller (with joysticks still attached), plus my ND filters, cables, and spare propellers. And the charging stastion can charge four... so I also bought a fourth battery. Now I have a little over an hour of flying time without ever risking draining my batteries. Then I go home and charge all four batteries, the controller, my iPhone, all at the same time.

I'm loving it. Everything I need to fly, except my phone, is in that case. Only have to remember one item, and it's all well protected.
I can get my I Pad in my case plus all of the items that you mention.

Reactions: Dan C
I can get my I Pad in my case plus all of the items that you mention.
Sure, but I prefer my phone to be more accessible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty