DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phil Engel

Reactions
Hi Mavic pilots. I had previously ordered the dji mavic bag and sent it back because of lack of space. I decided to go by Walmart and look for a backpack in the sporting department. My goal was to find a bag that I could put everything related to the drone in one bag. I could not find a backpack, but kept coming by the the picnic coolers. I finally stopped and found this cooler, that measures 9 "W x 9" H x 6" D. It has a removable plastic liner. Best of all it was only $7. I got it home and can not believe that this little cooler is the answer for me. From the pictures, it holds my drone, controller, extra battery, Marco Polo GPS, all the charging cords, wall charger, 12v charger and my iPad mini 2, and propellers. I still have an extra zippered pocket in the front that I can keep a iPhone, etc. The top of the cooler is zippered to expand the upper area if needed. I keep all the charging eq. and cords in the top compartment, and then lay a 1" piece of foam over the equipment. Now I can safely lay my iPad mini 2 on the foam. Check it out, a super find for me.

Attachments

• IMG_6453.JPG
    IMG_6453.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6454.JPG
    IMG_6454.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6456.JPG
    IMG_6456.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6458.JPG
    IMG_6458.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6459.JPG
    IMG_6459.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6460.JPG
    IMG_6460.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6461.JPG
    IMG_6461.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6462.JPG
    IMG_6462.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Reactions: sonof40
Awesome find but I'm not hip on how things kinda just fall in there. There is nothing to separate the items and avoid them banging each other. I guess you can find ways of putting soft separators in there.
I'm looking for a good cheap bag solution myself. Not hip on the mavic bag I got with fly more. Between the controller and the mavic unit with the leg attachments the main compartment is very very snug. Oh sure I can put two batteries in side mash pocket but putting the charger and hub in the front zipper pocket is super tight as well.

I'm not too worried about the parts touching each other as I don't plan on abusing, or man handling the bag. I did put a small piece of foam between the controller sticks to protect them, and a 1" piece of foam over there charging equipment to protect the iPad mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada