DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC PRO ALPINE WHITE

The big problem with it is that it's limited time only, so eventually you'd be flying a white drone with gray batteries. Or, if you ever crash it, gray replacement parts.

Man, I sure enjoy being completely unable to spot my drone against overcast weather, clouds, or lit up skies!

I think it looks really cool, but I like the dark colors being easily spotable against the sky.

Reactions: TCass68 and kakao
Man, I sure enjoy being completely unable to spot my drone against overcast weather, clouds, or lit up skies!

That's why we have Flytron Strobes!

Jake

That's why we have Flytron Strobes!

Jake
I have both colors and I can see both just fine. Phantoms have always been white.

Reactions: timmy1909
I like the white for if I'm flying under the trees where the Mavic starts to blend in and get lost. It's really not that bad visibility wise. If you watch towards the end the sun reflects off the Mavic and spotlights it almost. It looks great!

Big prop problem
Received my new Alpine mine this Monday AM the 20th.(Wisconsin, USA) directly from DJI. Have to agree, very very nice looking.

I've had a little problem, though. After doing the unboxing, charging up the batteries, downloading the software, etc. I tried to mount the front props.... Only the right side ( CCW w/ white circle ) would mount. ( Note: the back ones were already mounted. ) I tried every one of the four "black" ( no white circle-CW ) props and none would twist-lock! I removed the right rear (CW) and moved it to the front left and it attached just fine, just like the white circled CW's press-twist-click. So, I laid out all of the boxed props, side by side and noticed that ALL of the were pitched the same direction... i.e., both the white circled and black ones were CCW's! So... I used the online Chat Support (Richard) and after an hour of chat, sending pictures, and answering questions he opened a Case to get me the correct props.

So, I tell this long story to suggest checking all of your props to make sure they all mount as expected. My experience couldn't have been a one-off. There is a production glitch somewhere. So, if you DO have difficulty mounting a CounterClockWised prop.... DON'T force it. It will drop down to the twist point, but it will not twist (another protection against mis-mounting).

NOTE: the CW prop blade are marked on top with the code " 8330F__CW " On the other hand the CWW's are only marked with the " 8330F " I'm a forum rookie so I'm going to try to include a photo of the props. Notice the four 'black-no circle' props on the right are pitched the same direction as the white circled on the left.

The second photo shows all 10 props delivered with the drone. The one with the rubber band is the only "good" blank/black prop. Close inspection shows the pitch's of the other 9 are the same, whether white circled or not. This same message was posted on the Mavic Forum two days ago.

Attachments

• Prop closeup showing blank marking and lablel detail.jpg
    Prop closeup showing blank marking and lablel detail.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • All 10 Props showing the one blank with correct pitch -rubber band.jpg
    All 10 Props showing the one blank with correct pitch -rubber band.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
Just bought the Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo + DJI Care Refresh from dji.com
Great value. The price includes California sales tax.

This special edition looks fantastic. ...

I wounder if DJI will do other colours over time.

Man I hope you talking about the drone
...............................CR
I was actually replying to post #2 with the grey/white batteries, but I usually put a coat of clear on my own nails when I get a call to sub out on piano in this one club that has a real POS baby grand......saves me from splitting and developing hangnails, which is the kiss of death for a keyboard player.

Jake

Reactions: charliesRig

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada