DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Pro vs GoPro Karma (Full Review)

It's interesting this guys is getting such poor image quality compared to the Gopro Hero5. I'm wondering if he even tried different settings.

Total BS review..clearly evident he has been paid off by GoPro.. probably to combat the other review that bashed the Karma..

I don't understand why he really thinks the Karma is better, it seems as if this is the first time he's heard of DJI

I can understand some of his points. If he thinks the camera on the Karma is light years better then I understand the point. He picked the GoPro over the Mavic. Basically, said it has an upgradeable camera.

Last edited:
It's funny he stated the mavic can't track you as you go up and down hills.. isn't that what the terrain follow mode is? Lol
This guy is clueless on the mavic features which far surpasses karma

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Terrain follow mode goes up but not down if I understand it correctly.

(But your point is still valid)

Reactions: MavicJunky
was he correct in saying the karma had much better image quality than the mavic.. probably the wrong place to ask such a question but not having any brand loyalty to do still wonder..

i have a mavic on order but did look closely at the karma.. the mavis is quite clearly a better drone but just maybe the karma is a better (none selfie) photographic system.. the reveiw guy seemed to think so..

maybe he was another who didnt know about the need to focus.. ??

trog

Not even sure why I watched this. It's not like I'm about to cancel my Mavic order...

That being said, it left me asking myself more than once, "Is this guy getting paid by GoPro to do this?" Some of the points he made seemed in direct contrast to a multitude of other reviews I've seen or read. Agreed that the Karma has a wider field of view...which also lends to more distortion at times. I saw a video review the other day where the operator was panning up and down while flying at the beach, and it created weird shifts in the image because of the wide angle distortion.

Then I realized, that's okay. He can have his opinion. I looked at the Karma for a nanosecond before deciding to pull the trigger on my Mavic.

He's right, Mavic sucks

Wired is, BTW, the place whether the CEO of 3DR worked for many years....they also thought highly of the 3DR Solo.
I suppose this video is just his opinion after knowing little. That's the problem with these "media and press" reviews, they are under the gun and usually done very quickly.

He was right about one thing. DJI equipment is much more complex and may require more study to get the most out of. I often think DJI should provide a mode where the entire Go interface is turned into something super-simple.

DJI has the whole kitchen sink in there! Karma is trying to make it simple - but the problem is, making it simple with a simple drone can cause problems since the Drone doesn't have many smart features. We'll see soon enough.

Those who are really looking for the best image quality in the 1K range should buy a P4. The claim to fame for Mavic is portability, etc.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots