DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mavic video issue stripes! Please help!

andpap18

Reactions
Hello everyone please tell me what to do with this problem..it happens sometimes but its really annoying. Stripes all over the video. If anyone can help it could be great.The video is not a good quality but you can see it.

Hello everyone please tell me what to do with this problem..it happens sometimes but its really annoying. Stripes all over the video. If anyone can help it could be great.The video is not a good quality but you can see it.
Howdy from Wyoming andpap18, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. We need a little more information regarding your video, what resolution and mode were you shooting in? Did the video come off your device or the Mavic?

I think it is sun through the props. Not a tech problem

I think it is sun through the props. Not a tech problem
Agreed. I only noticed it when it was at a certain angle to the sun. You might try a lens hood. As long as you do not make sudden movements it remains unseen.

Howdy from Wyoming andpap18, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. We need a little more information regarding your video, what resolution and mode were you shooting in? Did the video come off your device or the Mavic?
Hello! The resolution is 4k 3840*2160 30p
and this video is from my smartphone but its the same on mavic too. The micro sd is 32gb class 10 77mb/s it was on gps mode

This is definitely shadows from the props hitting the lens. You're going to get that when the sun is at a certain angle from the front of the drone. It's not specific to the Mavic. If anything it was worse on my Phantom 3, which had bigger props that extended out farther in front of the lens.

Reports as to whether a sun hood on the camera helps are a mixed bag. The best solution is to be mindful of where the sun is in the sky and fly accordingly.

I would say its nothing wrong with the camera. The propellers interfere with the sun, noticed in the video that when you face away/or straight into the sun the stripes/flickering stops. This has ruined many of my own shots. Guess one has to adapt to to that. Play around with the shutterspeed that could lessen this problem...

Definitely prop shadows. Change your angle slightly with regards to the sun.

Mine does the same thing. I think it's chopped flare from the sun on the left. Using a lens shade will minimize this.

The lines are prop shadows. There are numerous lens hoods you can try. Adding an ND filter will help a bit as well but the Lens hood or nose mounted sun hood is the first port of call

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna